Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

preschool Ballet lessons

ClaireLClaireL
posted 9 years 9 months ago
Bethany is starting hers today. I was just wondering whether anyone elses children had tried them and if they were any good. Im not entirely sure she has the attention span to actually learn anything yet, so just wondered how everyone else got on really.

ElementaryElementary
Martha does ballet and loves it, but she is a bit older - they'll be well used to toddlers, and the lessons will be to suit

kristagkristag
If it's something she wants to do, I'm sure it will be great. Jas tried it as her friends were all doing it but it really wasn't for her. Her father (my ex) is a kick-boxing/jujitsu instructor so she started that at 5 and loves it. I think my advice is to be prepared to try lots of different things - just don't buy all the outfits/accessories too quickly Rolling Eyes

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I think Bethany will love it!! Aaralyn started dance when she was 3 years old, they did it age appropriate with some ballet, jazz and tap... she was sick for about 3 classes in a row so she got behind and I didn't want her to feel pressured to be where the other kids were at recital time, so we stopped going. I'm actually going to look into getting her in classes again, she's now 5 yrs old.

gypseygypsey
oliver has tried loads football,tennis swimming and kickboxing now he just wants to out with his gf

ClaireLClaireL
well she went and she absolutely loved it. the dance teacher said that normally she would have said that she was too young but she done brilliantly and joined in loads and she also said she was the happiest child she had ever met LOL. so im really proud of her and have been told to bring her back next week. I thought it was just a ballet lesson but its not its a mixture of ballet and tap which is even better.

LucyLucy
Gemma started Ballet lessons, but she couldnt cope with being left so she tried it for a couple of weeks and then we gave up.

But she loves dancing now, she goes to Majorettes and she eats sleeps and breathes majorettes!

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
havent got anything like that round here. its a shame as Catherine would love it

DorothyDorothy
My daughter started ballet at 3 and loved it. I don't think they learn a lot of formal dancing moves at that age, but they do have fun Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews