Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

feeling lonely :(

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 5 months ago
I feel so lonely just now, Im so busy with school (and job hunting) and any spare time I have is with Joseph. I dont see my friends as much as I used (I dont even text them- as I dont have time for that either) I just want some adult company Sad

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Hug

you know I sooooooo want to say something on here to you right now LOL Razz I'll behave.... Naughty Whistling

Summer holidays are coming, you'll have more time to get out there and have some adult fun soon!

AlexAlex Moderator
it is quiet on that front too Sad

well make it not quiet Wink

gotta go to the recital now hun! Have a good night Hug Hug Hug

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
are their any clubs you can join? i know joseph is a little old for you both to attend a mums and tots club but round here we also have whats called space scheme - its aimed at parents and kids (too old to go kids clubs) and basically you all meet up and theres like a youth club and in the holidays theygo on trips to the zoo,theme parks and sometimes lil weekends away. i was a member of the space scheme as a kid (only cuz my child minder ran it) but its really worth gettin involved in as it isnt just for kids!
another thing is to always make one evening for your friends to come round,my friends comeround on a thursday evening as kevs at footballl training.we used to have a laugh and down a few bottles of rose but now its a cuppa LOL! but i still have my 'me' time.
is there friends with children who you could start doing something every other weekend with? picnics in the park? kick around with the football? go on little trips even if its just to some nature reserve and things - so both you and joseph are having someone to 'play' with.
maybe even get involved with netmums (did i see that you already were?) iv met loadsa mummys on there,one of my closest friends was off there!

AlexAlex Moderator
are their any clubs you can join? i know joseph is a little old for you both to attend a mums and tots club but round here we also have whats called space scheme - its aimed at parents and kids (too old to go kids clubs) and basically you all meet up and theres like a youth club and in the holidays theygo on trips to the zoo,theme parks and sometimes lil weekends away. i was a member of the space scheme as a kid (only cuz my child minder ran it) but its really worth gettin involved in as it isnt just for kids!

I wish there was Hayley- Joseph is too old for toddlers and too young for anything else, he goes swimming on a saturday but the other mums are snobs (and I have tried several times to spk to them- I was even in hospital with 1 and she ignored me)

another thing is to always make one evening for your friends to come round,my friends comeround on a thursday evening as kevs at footballl training.we used to have a laugh and down a few bottles of rose but now its a cuppa LOL! but i still have my 'me' time.
is there friends with children who you could start doing something every other weekend with? picnics in the park? kick around with the football? go on little trips even if its just to some nature reserve and things - so both you and joseph are having someone to 'play' with.

my friend and I do try to do this once a month on a friday but she has just started a new relationship and is LOVED up!!! any other pals I have with kids the same age spent the weekends with their other halfs (its what I would do if I had someone)

maybe even get involved with netmums (did i see that you already were?) iv met loadsa mummys on there,one of my closest friends was off there!

Meetin up with my friend I met here- hope it leads to a good friendship

I think what I really miss is male company, someone to snuggle up with, moan too that kind of thing. Thanks for the suggestions though Hayley

orc30orc30
Hi Alex, I know how you feel. I know one person (other than my ex and the kids) in the town which I have been living in for the last 5 years (how bad does that sound). I only know one of my neighbours names because when my mum visited she started talking to her across the fence.

I work long and unpredictable hours. The only time I can guarantee to be free is the weekends and then at least half of those are taken up with the kids. That sounded a bit bad because I love having them come to stay.

The few friends from school that I do try and keep in touch with are scattered around the country and settled down with wives.

It is difficult to join a club when you don't know if you're going to be around to go. I tried going out by myself a few weeks ago and ended up stood their drinking by myself all night and didn't talk to a single person.

I haven't tried it yet but a colleague (friend) from America who was over for work recently suggested a website called MeetUp.com . It is not a dating site but instead a way for groups of single people to get together and enjoy a common hobby. I did a quick search relating to cycling and a few options came up. If you have somebody that can look after Joeseph then it might be an option.

AlexAlex Moderator

orc30 said:
Hi Alex, I know how you feel. I know one person (other than my ex and the kids) in the town which I have been living in for the last 5 years (how bad does that sound). I only know one of my neighbours names because when my mum visited she started talking to her across the fence.

I work long and unpredictable hours. The only time I can guarantee to be free is the weekends and then at least half of those are taken up with the kids. That sounded a bit bad because I love having them come to stay.

The few friends from school that I do try and keep in touch with are scattered around the country and settled down with wives.

It is difficult to join a club when you don't know if you're going to be around to go. I tried going out by myself a few weeks ago and ended up stood their drinking by myself all night and didn't talk to a single person.

I haven't tried it yet but a colleague (friend) from America who was over for work recently suggested a website called MeetUp.com . It is not a dating site but instead a way for groups of single people to get together and enjoy a common hobby. I did a quick search relating to cycling and a few options came up. If you have somebody that can look after Joeseph then it might be an option.

thanks Owen, will chekc out that ssite

Very Happy

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
how about speed-dating!! my bro-in-law (sisters ex,father of my neice) he is a speed-datein-holic! its not what you think,and hes met many great friends there! or like owen said,theres websites where you can meet people (just be careful tho!)

its a shame theres nothing around tho as it would be good for both yourself and joseph!

thats the onlyproblem aint it when we do meet people,we abandon our friends while we are in the honeymoon period stage! i did it to my friends when i met kev! you do regret it as there are times when you really need them and then feel guilty just calling on them! but i suppose its just one of them things about meeting someone new isnt it!

youl meet some nice fella one day hun,it may be soon,it may take a while,just make the most of your time with joseph on your own while you can!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews