Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

i dont know what is up with me...

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
posted 1 decade 4 months ago
but i wake upsome mornings and just dont 'feel' pregnant anymore!! then theres days when i feel fine! im having another 'dont feel preg' day. has anyone else been like this? or is it me? when i was preg with ethan, everyday that went by i got more and more excited,talked about my bump none stop! but this time,i aint like that! do u think its cuz iv had a rough start with everything? or does everyone sometimes feel like this?
its getting me down as i get upset that i even feel like this! iv got the most wonderfullife growing inside me and yet there can be days where i feel nothing!! Sad

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I think I remember days like that too... I think once the little one starts kickin ya all the time you'll be feeling very pregnant, every day Wink

I used to get worried on those days that Aaralyn would be very quiet and still Shocked but by evening she'd always be kickin about in there, keeping me awake Rolling Eyes

You're expected to be going through ups and downs (hormones!!) too, I think what you're feeling is normal Hug

ellee1984ellee1984
i felt a bit like that sometimes when i was pregnant with izzy but i was very paranoid cos i had a mc a couple of months before hand. until she started kicking cos i didnt get much of a bump until i was 4-5months i stayed quite small in the beginning.

i think its normal hun what your feeling

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
it just getting to me,im begining tothinkthat i aint bonding with bump like i should be and getting them motherly feelings that i should do Sad hoping it all changes withthe big kicks!

JOJOJOJO
yep I had loads odf days like that but towards the end there was no mistake about feeling pregnant as was so big and uncomfortable,so make the most of it LOL

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i know-i was once preg with ethan LOL! and i cant wait for that enormous waiting game stage - at least then i wont be feeling the way i do now!! as much as i moaned about it with ethan,i think that was one of the best parts of my pregnancy (even if i did go over!)

JOJOJOJO
I hated the end as was huge and pretty much housebound,it was togh having another LO to look after as well,I went 10 days over which felt like years LOL

kristagkristag
Phew...I'm glad it's not just me who feels like that Hayley_Kev Thumbs Up

I have had a few mornings where I just don't feel pregnant for a while. Usually I manage to feel a bit sick after a few hours which makes me feel better Shocked

I wonder if it's because I had a MC last year too and I'm still a bit nervous. It's funny how people will say to me "oh, so-and-so had a MC at 18 weeks so keep an eye on things"...how lovely and encouraging they are Tell Off My hubby tells me all is well all the time and I've got this little heartbeat listening thing (that's my technical term for it Very Happy ) so that's reassuring Clapping

Like you, I didn't find this feeling with my daughter but then again, I'd never had a MC either so maybe that changes you a little.

Keep your chin up hon Smile
XX

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i want one of them heart doppler thingys! but i think id become obsessed! and freak and stuff if baby had moved and i couldnt find it!

AlexAlex Moderator
I remember feeling like that- used to poke my tummy to make Joseph move

My sister says it is very different with your 2nd- your first is new and exciting and although it is exciting with number 2+ you are so busy with your toddler you dont have the time to think about bump as much.

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

alex said:
I remember feeling like that- used to poke my tummy to make Joseph move

My sister says it is very different with your 2nd- your first is new and exciting and although it is exciting with number 2+ you are so busy with your toddler you dont have the time to think about bump as much.

maybe thats what it is... i dunno -iv just sat down today and really thort about it and then i thought 'OMG! what if im one of these that never bonds!'

candgsmumcandgsmum
You will bond hun.

I remember I'd suddenly think, 'oh yeah I'm pregnant' when I was having George. Especially if I had a day where I didn't feel ill or I was really busy.

Hug Hug

kristagkristag

Hayley_Kev said:
i want one of them heart doppler thingys! but i think id become obsessed! and freak and stuff if baby had moved and i couldnt find it!

Yes, that would worry me too (of course I'd deny that I was worried and probably rush to the MW the next day Embarassed ).

As for bonding hon, you'll be fine. I always worried, even before I had my daughter, that I wasn't the 'mummy' type but I sure was. I think my hubby being so excited also helps Clapping

Hey, as we're pretty close in timescales, we'll have to keep an eye on each other for how it's going. I'm really keen to feel first flutters/movements but nothing yet (had last time by now), just lots of aches and twinges Smile I'm sure this one is a boy - it's far too chilled out Thumbs Up

Hug x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews