Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Potty Training

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
posted 9 years 7 months ago
Ethan is doing brilliant with his potty training,if we are staying in he just runs round naked - he knows when he needs to go as he points to his willy... only the problem is...

he sits on his potty but WILL NOT do anything on it! theres only a few times hes done something on his potty! instead he gets up and passes me a clean nappy - so i put it on,he pees or poos in it then takes it off again!

how can i get him to know that its ok to do his buisness in his potty! he always goes loo with me and kev - and he knows what the potty is for as if i ask him if he wants a wee wee he instantly gets the potty and sits on it - only he then gets up and gets a nappy!

JOJOJOJO
well I would keep doing what your doing keep him naked and always have the potty around,he will do it when he is ready too,when he does a wee give him a treat,but dont rush it my ethan is 3 and still doesnt do poos yet on the toilet but will do wees,

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i havent rushed him,hes done all this himself which im so proud of him for! hes always been fascinated with watching us on the toilet - wether thats helped him to understand more i dont know.

kev said that maybe its because his potty doesnt look like a toiolet LOL! so i might get that fisherprice toilet thing for him and put it next to ours so he has his own little pee throne LOL!

JOJOJOJO
yes also if he does not see any other children using a potty he might not understand,so that sounds like a good idea to start with

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
other than playgroup and his cousins - he aint gonna see any other children peeing LOL! unless i knock on the neighbours - although they may think im some freak! i dont think watching other kids go the loo makes much difference - after all kids use the loo the same way we do (i hope anyways LOL!)

JOJOJOJO
I meant the potty LOL if he sees nobody else using one,but it looks like he would if he goes to playgroup

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i phoned my mum and she says to get kev pee in the potty! thing is kevs ass wont fit on it and im tryina get ethan sit down to start off with rather than learnt he awkwadness of standing to pee LOL! does anyone have one of these,and if so has it helped your little one to think its a proper loo?? ...

Pink-witchPink-witch
just leave his nappy off,whenever you can....you have laminate so its not that bad......hell soon get the hang of it!!! Dont worry about it chick,eath took ages to get the hang of it but he soon got there!!! when he does do something on it make a big fuss over him telling him what a clever boy he is!!!

JOJOJOJO
my little boy has aways peed standing up,as thats how daddy does it,I also used to put ping pong balls in the toilet for him to pee on to encourage his aim

catgirl_872catgirl_872

Hayley_Kev said:
i phoned my mum and she says to get kev pee in the potty! thing is kevs ass wont fit on it and im tryina get ethan sit down to start off with rather than learnt he awkwadness of standing to pee LOL! does anyone have one of these,and if so has it helped your little one to think its a proper loo?? ...

haha i wanted to get one of these but they didnt have any in stock.
xxx

candgsmumcandgsmum
I think you are doing really well hun for him to be knowing when he feels the need at his age Thumbs Up

George knows where the potty is now and will sit on it for about 10 seconds LOL. He shouts potpot when I change his nappy too which is a good start but I'm going to wait until he gets a little more comfortable with sitting on it for longer first.

Good luck hun, hope he gets the hang of it xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews