Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

contaception

angelsmomangelsmom
posted 1 decade 7 months ago
im trying to decide. i wanted the implant but im not allowed coz it wont work as well with my medication. i am allowed depo even tho theyre exactly the same. the coil was also suggested but im not sure, has any one used it and what do think?

ive used pill before also the patch and depo. i like the idea of not havin periods. i also like how long coil lasts coz i dont like injections.

i wont get 'done' and wont let lee get 'done' either coz you dont know what will happen in future.

GTTkelGTTkel
I like The Pill because I know exactly when to expect my period and I'm good at remembering it. 2 of my friends have coils fitted, one of them because she used to forget her pills and so now she doesn't have that worry. They are both happy with a coil and have had no problems.

candgsmumcandgsmum
I was going to get the coil or IUD fitted, and the one I was going to get stopped your periods and lasted up to 5 years. I didn't in the end because the family planning clinic burned down and I had to go to another clinic either in the next town but with 2 months before they could get me in or the GUM clinic at the hospital.

We just ended up using condoms instead LOL, but I do think they are an expensive contraception, whereas the pill etc are free.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews