Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Faint Blue Line?!!

rachelle1975rachelle1975
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
I posted a couple of days ago asking about implantation bleeding - well i had some light spotting but nothing more and nothing today - did a test and it had a thin blue line on it - followed the instructions to a T!

My mouth tastes like i've been sucking on copper coins and i'm 'due on' in 2 days.... dare to dream?

Can you have a false positive on a test?

I have more tests but i'm a little nervous to do them in case they're negative!!

So does it sound promising and how long should i wait to do a re-test?

Apologies for sounding a bit nutty!!!! Crazy

AlexAlex Moderator
I think you are pregnant hun. A blue line is a blue line (even if faint) Never heard of a false positive but you can get a false negative. I would book to see your GP.

hapydazyhapydazy
Hey hun, I would do another test and see whatcha get, if you have an extra there already... I personally have a feeling some congratulations are going to be in order Smile

rachelle1975rachelle1975
I have 5 spare tests.... hey... Superdrug had a special offer! he he he

OMG i cannot believe it if i am - conceived on our belated honeymoon, might call it Phuket or Phi Phi... joking. Very happy

JOJOJOJO
well it sounds good mine was a faint line and that was a postive so sounds like congratulations Very happy

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had a faint dot on my first test with Charlotte...granted I didn't actually pee on it properly but it still worked.

Wait a couple of days until you're due and test again...but if you have 5 then do another first thing in the morning as it will show up better then.

catgirl_872catgirl_872
i had a faint blue line on my first one but i didnt believe it as it was a £1 test from pound world lol
but i got one of them pregnant/not pregnant ones the next day and it said pregnany hehe xxx

kristagkristag
If it's something like ClearBlue they are pretty accurate from 4 days before your period is due. Personally I'd do another test. Fingers crossed for you hun Smile

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i just found out im preg again hun - i didnt even have to wait a second the + just appeared that fast! whereas with ethan - it did take a while to appear... the - came first followed by the other line to make a + but like what has already been said - any test,faint or clear, tends to tell the truth (i dont think brands matter either! poundshop or well-known brands work the same!)

candgsmumcandgsmum

Hayley_Kev said:
i just found out im preg again hun - i didnt even have to wait a second the + just appeared that fast! whereas with ethan - it did take a while to appear... the - came first followed by the other line to make a + but like what has already been said - any test,faint or clear, tends to tell the truth (i dont think brands matter either! poundshop or well-known brands work the same!)

Haha mine did that with George I got just one clearblue test with him, and it literally was telling me positive as I stop weeing on it Shocked!

I was a bit gutted because the positive line disapeared within about 24 hrs so it looked like a negative test.

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
i think congrats is in order, you cant have a false positive only a false negative xx

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

candgsmum said:
Haha mine did that with George I got just one clearblue test with him, and it literally was telling me positive as I stop weeing on it Shocked!

I was a bit gutted because the positive line disapeared within about 24 hrs so it looked like a negative test.

i still have my tests from ethan!!! Embarassed

18months on and the + is still clear on them!! haha!!

candgsmumcandgsmum

Hayley_Kev said:

candgsmum said:

I had the tests (all four :oops) after Charlotte for a long while, but binned them when we moved. I kept George's for a while but binned it because it looked negative. I'm not sure why the test did that tbh, it was one of the - line for negative and + line for positive. Suspect

kristagkristag
You could try one of those tests that says "pregnant" or "not pregnant" at least you'd know for sure then without a doubt Smile

Good luck Very happy

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

candgsmum said:

Hayley_Kev said:

candgsmum said:

I had the tests (all four :oops) after Charlotte for a long while, but binned them when we moved. I kept George's for a while but binned it because it looked negative. I'm not sure why the test did that tbh, it was one of the - line for negative and + line for positive. Suspect

sounds like the CB one i use?

candgsmumcandgsmum
Weird...maybe it was dodgy lol.

foxy0810foxy0810
I'd try a clearblue digital test i took a boots own brand test on sunday and it showed negative then i did a clearblue digital test yesterday and there it was in words 'Pregnant' I am so happy this is my 3rd pregnancy i have had 2 m/c in last 5 months so am very worried about this one
Michelle

HelenybooHelenyboo
good luck michelle my fingers crossed for you xxx

foxy0810foxy0810
Thank you, i just want to be able to make it to 6 weeks for my scan I lost the last 2 the day before early scans were due so paranoia is rife at the minute
Once i see my baby on the scan i will be able to calm down a bit
michelle

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i had a false positive a couple of months before i fell pregnant with charly. i had all symptons of being pregnant went to drs and i had actually suffered a phantom pregnancy. but they are very rare so i do think we might have another lil one on its way on here, hehe Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews