Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

When did u put ur child in their own room?

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 7 years ago
cara my eldest would never settle in a moses basket or cot so was in the bed with us from around 7 months when she outgrew her pram.she was 13 months when we had caitlin and went into her own bed in our room which she slept in fine as i didnt want her to feel pushed out.when caitlin was 6 months she went into her own room and settled straight away so we put cara in her own room too.god you learn from your mistakes is all i can say lol she was 19 months and we battled with her till her 2nd birthday.did her room up disney princess complete with 4poster bed as an extra special treat and had the first decent nights sleep since she was born.id never go through all that again any future babys will be on there own from 6 months max it really is harder the longer you wait

hipmommahipmomma
Looking at everyone elses I think I'm gonna be shot at dawn!

Josh my first went into his room at 2 weeks. With moniters and everything. Minly becuase we seemed to keep waking each other up, plus he wouldnt sleep in the moses basket and we couldnt fit the cot in our bedroom!

Charlie Ann stayed in her moses with us till about 3 months and then went into her own room, again with moniters.

Think it is different for every parent and every child.

StaceStace
My daughter slept brilliantly last night she didnt wake up untill 7am, really strange for her. she stired when ever we flushed the toilet 'cos her room is right next door to the bathroom. But she'll get used to that. I am so pleased she slept through the night its given me a freedom i had forgotten about.
Very happy

FfionFfion
- My blog
im so happy for you! glad its all worked out! hope she sleeps agin for you 2night!

x x

alschafralschafr
Ella was 7 weeks old but our box room is off our bedroom so not far

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews