Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Does ur mw lie on notes?

RhiannRhiann
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
SOOO angry.

Had my 30 week check yesterday, apart from high blood pressure my midwife said everything was fine and just to see my doctor this morning.

Saw my doctor this morning and she has said that my urine is packed with all sorts and has signed me off work, can't believe the midwife missed it!!!

xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
I wouldn't personally have unasissted pregnancy or birth, but that is because I am rhesus - and need anti-d injections.

Also George was born with a knot in his cord was very distressed. Although paramedics were called, I think the mw was the main reason he was delivered alive. This is me personally though, and tbh I don't want anymore children so it's not something I would really look into.

What about a private mw? I looked into them in our area when having George as I was having a homebirth and was worried about my community mws not being enthusiastic about it (fortunately they were). I know some allow you to pay monthly too, and aren't as expensive as you might think.

piggydreamspiggydreams
omg you cant give birth alone
what if your baby dies
could you live with that???

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
my main concern would be the placenta not delivering cos your not supposed to cut it yourself. you could die (quickly) from bleeding then your baby wouldnt have a mum

AlexAlex Moderator

mrsbonjovi said:
my main concern would be the placenta not delivering cos your not supposed to cut it yourself. you could die (quickly) from bleeding then your baby wouldnt have a mum

I retained my placenta and it was scary. Luckily I was in the consultant unit as I was induced (and could be take straight to theatre) had I gone myself I would have been in the local MW unit and needed an ambulance to take me the 30odd miles to the hospital.

I would really look into getting a private MW (no-way I could do it alone)

imakeboysimakeboys

mrsbonjovi said:

We have a kit from last time - which we were going to use with our first home birth (second baby)

It has 2 cord clamps, scisors all the bits and bobs which would be needed in case of home delivery and no mdwife.
Its not as if im a first time mother, i know what im doing and im damn sure if things went wrong id know about it.
We have alot of kit here with us - including an accurate hospital tested and calibrated blood pressure monitoring machine, the kit as talked about and a doppler with BPM reader on it.

My reasons for wanting unassisted pregnancy and birth are simple - and that is the level of midwifery care in my area - or lack of it to be spot on.

I saw the midwife only last week - if its even a week ago, and she said to see her 28 weeks (which is 4 weeks later than usual check up, and given the fact im a section mother im a "high risk", thats discusting that shes fobbed me off.

Today i nearly collapsed at the hospital, told that midwife about the next appt at 28 weeks - and she said thats complete rubbish go in 2-3 weeks, NO LATER.

The midwifes fail me in this area, and tbh i rather not them there in the birth - they just make me angry.

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
well i can see your point, its a shame that you and your baby arernt getting the due care and attention you both deserve and i hope at the end of the day you get the result you want xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AlexAlex Moderator
I cans see why you are mad but wouldnt you be better complaining about your treatment etc than trying to take the risk of an independent pregnancy and delivery? As you have said you are 'high risk' and I do think you need someone there (who is trained)

YUMMYMUMMY83YUMMYMUMMY83
hi imakeboys, I totally understand where your coming from ( when midewifes are concerned) bt think you should discuss your concerns about your MW with your GP and maybe they wud some suggestions that wud help! My close friend has a girl 11 and a boy of 2. she was jst 16 with her girl she had her in hospital after she was born they told my m8 2 go in the shower, she was hesitant as she felt faint but went in anyway az the MW said this wud make her feel betr. she ended up collapsing az they hadnt got all the afterbirth out and she lost alot of blood, 9yrs l8r she was pregnant with her boy but decided to have a home birth, there was 2 MW'S present, they ran out of gas n air, had 2 wait for someone from hospital 2 bring it, then her mum had 2 oopen it az they cud,nt even open the valve. By this time mum and baby were gettn dissresed, and the wee boy was jumping about irraticly his head got stuck for a lentgh of time and cud've died but luckily after all this the MW'S got him out safely and he,s a thriving wee boy. I wud,nt like 2 think wot wud,ve happened if the MW'S had'nt been there although they were pretty useless. I hope wotever u decide 2 do you and baby are both fine xx Very happy

imakeboysimakeboys
^^ that sounds aweful yummymummy Sad Face

xx

jo-jojo-jo
WOW,i cant believe you guys see your mw so often.
I also had a c-section but im not classed as high risk (maybe because it has been 4 years since i had my DS????).
I see my MW every 4-6 weeks untill 30 weeks then its every two weeks untill 34 weeks then once a week from there on.I have never had a problem,i know our health systems are very different in Australia compared to the Uk,USA etc.
My records have always been accurate i guess the doc's MW are scared of mal practice law suits over here and are more thorough with their paper work??
I hope that you and your baby find a safe option/good MW that keeps you both happy and most importantly healthy.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews