Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Are you tired of companies jumping on the 'green' bandwagon?

littlethingslittlethings
posted 9 years 9 months ago
Hi
I have an online party bag company. I hate the amount of money that can be spent on children's parties and the amount of waste that goes in the bin when all the children go home, so our party bags are full of quality toys that children would love to keep.
But what I hate even more are the companies that market the fact that they are 'green' when really they're not. I can only speak about the business that I'm in but I'm sure there are loads of companies in different sectors doing the same.
I sell gorgeous wooden gifts that a rival 'eco-friendly' company also sells but I know that the supplier sends each small toy in an individual plastic bag - I'm sure my competitor who claims to be eco-friendly conveniently forgets to mention this on their website.
I know this may sound a little like sour grapes but it does frustrate me - has anyone else experienced the same.
I don't think the environment should be used as a cheap marketing toy - does anyone agree?

NosiNosi
posted 2 months 1 week ago
Hello,
yes I totally agree. Nowadays there are lots of products and companies who try to earn more money through selling bio products or eco-friendly products. I got my product from a certain web-shop. Two years before there were no eco-friendly products at all. Now nearly half of all products in the webshop are claimed to be bio or eco-friendly. I for myself can´t believe that in two years a whole industry is able to change ther products and produce in a eco-friendly way. I hhingk ist just another new certification for nothing

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews