Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

am i mad

bunnigirlbunnigirl
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
hi well i am 28 and i have 4 children already and i really want another baby
i no its not a reason to have one but everyone around me is pregnant and i am getting very broody
its killing me every month that my period comes and i just pray for a miricle
only one of my mates nows about how i am feeling
i could really do with some advice about my feelings and what i should do
please help me like i said i no i have 4 and very fortunate but feelings r feelings in the end arnt they

RichRich Moderator
Hey Smile

Yes, feelings are feelings, and they are strong and have the habit of governing the way we see things...if this is something you truly in the deepest part of your heart want to go ahead with, then ask these questions..

1) are we financially stable enough to warrent a new arrival at this time?.

2) is it something we Both want?...because it's a tricky one if only one of you feels this way eh?

3) How will a new arrival affect the house hold and exisiting children?

4) Is this a heart felt decision, or just something that may blow over in time.

More children, is more mouths to feed, ask yourself why you want more children, and is it for the right reasons. hope this helps, I try and sit on the fence with things like this, because there is no right or wrong answer, only you and ur partner can answer Smile

Good luck with whatever you decide.

sugarsugar Moderator
Last edited by sugar 1 decade 3 years ago
I agree with Rich hun.
I was also very desperate to have another child but as we were living with in-laws we weren't really in the position to have another one - DF also wanted another child and he could see how upset i was getting at the fact it was just his parents stopping us having another one. I eventually fell pregnant and although we wasn't n the best position it gave us the kick in the bum we needed to get ourselves out and itno our own place! which is lovely! but if we had not been able to get out then we would of been stuck - so think carefully hun! We did look into getting our own place and eralised we could do it which is the only reason we went for bubs number 2 - otherwise we wouldnt be here now - thing is we fell a bit quicker than we thought we would so had to get out asap! But again as rich said its only something u & ur partner could answer!

RichRich Moderator

sugar said:
But again as rob said its only something u & ur partner could answer!

lol, have I changed my name? Wink

sugarsugar Moderator

Rich said:

sugar said:
But again as rob said its only something u & ur partner could answer!

lol, have I changed my name? Wink

sorry hun im not reading properly today i meant rich! Razz im half asleep Razz *pregnancy brain* sorted it Razz

StaceStace
i have a beautiful daughter and i would love to have another baby, but my husband suffers with depression so we have agreed to wait! I know this feeling you are talking about and it doesnt go away. but i agree with Rich, talk it through with your partner and make sure its in everyones best interests to have another baby! Kiss

carnivalgicarnivalgi
Trouble is hun, if you do have another one. When it gets older and friends around you are falling pregnant again, are you going to want yet another? Thats the trouble with babies, they grow up and leave you with empty arms, but at some point you just have to stop.
Having said that though, if it's what you really want and you can afford it, go for it and good luck to you.

candgsmumcandgsmum
We have decided that two is enough but I feel sometimes that it is sad I'm never going to experience pregnancy again. I am still young and most of my friends are just beginning their families and watching them being pregnant and getting excited stirs old feelings. I get broody even though my youngest is only 9 months!!!

I have to go through the reasons why I can't have another baby, for us personally it is financial as well as my husband not wanting any more full stop. I don't really want to put a strain on our relationship. My mum always warned me that they would be times that I would want another even though deep down I knew it wouldn't be a good idea IYSWIM?

If you both agree though then it is your decision only you know what you truly want.xx

alis378alis378
I have 4 children and absolutely loved the feeling of being pregnant and starting new life.

However, much as I love my children and do not want anymore. Sometimes I do feel broody but now that I childmind, it is nice to be able to hand them back at the end of the day.
x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews