Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

elective c section

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
posted 1 decade 6 years ago
i had an emergency c-section as ethans heart had stopped - but if i had the choice next time - i will not have a section again! i want to fell what its like to go thru labour,to push,to feel the pain - call me daft but i feel jealous of those who have gone natural. id love to experience what all you lot have gone thru, id never want a section again if i had the choice!

hapydazyhapydazy

Hayley_Kev said:
i had an emergency c-section as ethans heart had stopped - but if i had the choice next time - i will not have a section again! i want to fell what its like to go thru labour,to push,to feel the pain - call me daft but i feel jealous of those who have gone natural. id love to experience what all you lot have gone thru, id never want a section again if i had the choice!

My almost exact thoughts there! Call me crazy but I feel like I missed out on all that (I was knocked out completely for mine.... I don't think I'll be having the chance to experience a natural one those Wink probably not gonna be any more for me!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

hapydazy said:
My almost exact thoughts there! Call me crazy but I feel like I missed out on all that (I was knocked out completely for mine.... I don't think I'll be having the chance to experience a natural one those Wink probably not gonna be any more for me!

oh no hun!! i cant imagine how that was for you! my mum was knocked out for me and my sisters - im sorry hun,but at least we got our beautiful kiddies in the end hey Love

JOJOJOJO
call me mad but have experienced both and boy do I want another section next time lol

imakeboysimakeboys

mrsbonjovi said:
i really dont want to experience it again. some people say its lovely giving birth, im sorry but what planet are they on????

Earth actually.
I found that disturbing ^.
I had a sucessful home birth following a caesrean - and personally for someone WANTING a caesarean, wanting a scar - i personally think you are on a diff planet.

With a caesrean you cannot drive for 10 weeks and everything heals slower than a natural birth, reguardless of where you birth and how fast you birth.

I loved every single second of giving birth to my James, so what i had tonnes of stretch marks, i had a second degree tear and refused stitches, giving birth was the best experience ever.

I only had gas and air and used my tens for first part.

I seriously think you need to think about this - and im sure the surgeon will not give you an elective becuase there is nothing medically wrong.

imakeboysimakeboys

JOJO said:
call me mad but have experienced both and boy do I want another section next time lol

Call me mad - but experiences BOTh and am having another home birth.
What happened to women having normal births?
Obviously pregnancy and birth are now a medical condition no matter what.

SIGHS

JOJOJOJO
after having long difficult labours with both babies in distress yes dont want to go throu that again,

JOJOJOJO
its 6 weeks for driving but I dont drive,plus am suffering from spd and was on painkillers for 6 months,am 5,1 size 3 shoe and size 8 so am very petite,I have suffered both babies being distressed and loss of heartbeat,also failure to dilate so I found the whole thing very distressing and thought I was going to lose both babies,as think my body just cant give birth,would you want me to suffer another traumatic birth for the sake of giving birth to put my babies in danger again,another emergency c-section when I could have a elective???

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
i guess ive opened a real can of worms here...
i think a couple of people may have misunderstood my reasons for wanting a section...
i dont want to be cut, i dont want a scar, i dont want to be laid up for 6 weeks (though i do thinks its time my BF waited on me lol)
i can no longer take any form of contraception due to various medical reasons and i want have my baby born by section so i can be sterilised otherwise i'll end up being preg by my 6 week check.
the other things ive written about being scared of labour again and tearing etc are just other things that are now playing on my mind.

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
as far as "giving birth naturally" everyone is different and everyone experiences labour and birth differently..
a friend of mine was in labour for 3 days, she had 2 lots of epidural which didnt work and was eventually taken into theatre were the doc performed a forceps delivery which caused a third degree tear.. im sorry but how can anyone possibly find that nice?
my cousin was in labour for 4 days, when she was 8cm she stopped contracting and had to be put on a drip which took 8 hours to start her contractions off again, she eventually gave birth without needing stitches, how can this be nice?
im sorry if im offending anyone as i dont mean to but its down to personal choices and beliefs.

hapydazyhapydazy

Quote:
im sorry if im offending anyone as i dont mean to but its down to personal choices and beliefs.
[/quote]

Exactly!! it's down to personal choices and beliefs and we all need to respect that Smile

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
thankyou for that....
i really am not to posh to push and i do believe that every pregnant woman should get the chance to experience child birth, which i have and for my own personal reasons (well not so personal cos ive told u all lol) i do not wish to experience it again, plus theres actually a valid reason why i want a section (which seems to be forgotten)
there are women out there who genuinely do just "wimp out" but belive me im not one of them..
thankyou for all your opinions xxxxx

JOJOJOJO
I do think you should talk to a professional and voice your concerns,and yes it is all about choice and nobody should be bullied or made to feel guilty about how their baby came into the world,I felt the sma e way you did when I was pregnant with my 2nd and was so scared about childbirth,everyone told me it would be fine and easy as conrad was a 2nd baby,but boy they where wrong and it resulted in another difficult labour then emergency c-section,which to be honest wasnt to bad and I recovered quickly from it,please talk to someone and if you can get the postive experience you want out of this pregnancy, Kiss

imakeboysimakeboys

JOJO said:
its 6 weeks for driving

Dont know why i was told 10 then Sad Face :S

hapydazyhapydazy

imakeboys said:

JOJO said:
its 6 weeks for driving

Dont know why i was told 10 then Sad Face :S

They told me 6 weeks too, I was driving after 2 though (bad hapydazy!! Tounge Out ) Confused

imakeboysimakeboys
tut tut lol Cuckoo Never really noticed how fun these icons are >

ellee1984ellee1984
i had a natural birth with izzy though i was in labour for 36 hours 13 of which i was in hospital and on gas & air (got so high on it i dont remember much) i was very slow at dilating and i went 4 hours and had only dilated from 7cm to 8cm at which point they broke my waters and i was told if i hadnt gone fully dilated soon i would have been transferred to the hospital in bristol as i was in a low risk unit.

i personally couldnt have a c-section as they would have to completely knock me out as the thaught of being cut open whilst concious freaks me out big style i was freaking out big style about needing stitches or having to be cut during labour luckily i persuaded the midwife not to stitch me with a minor tear i had.

i think its down to each individual person if they have a c-section or a natural birth.

this subject is one that people have strong opinions and if you feel its right for you do for whatever reason then have one. it seems you do have ligitimate fears about your labour and also the fact you wish to be sterlised afterwards.

i say good luck to you in whatever you decide and you and your baby are healthy and that people should remember its down to each persons individual choices and not to judge someone on doing something they wouldnt.

(ok sorry guys rant over i just dont want this to be another post that gets personal like other ones have recently and i hope i not offended anyone)

kristagkristag
I also had a very fast first labout - 3hrs 20mins from waters breaking to holding my daughter. She was born at 34 weeks but all was fine.

A friend of mine is going for an elective c section and I asked her why as she has no medical problems at all. She said she simply wants to be 'in control' of when she has her baby so her husband can be there and she can get her children looked after in advance.

Personally, I find that really odd. I can't imagine going for any kind of 'serious' surgery without a jolly good medical reason for doing so - but that's just me. I equally wouldn't have a face lift or lipo but I know people who have and are very happy about it.

I am also 20 minutes from my local hospital and, like you, my waters broke and my contractions started at 3 minutes apart. I managed some pethadine but only 15 minutes before my daughter was born so it wasn't much use.

I think beyond worrying about getting pregnant again straight after this next one of yours (keep hubby away from you for a while to give you time to recover Embarassed ) so thinking about being sterilised immediately, perhaps you need to address your real worries which it seems (and I am no doctor, it's just a personal opinion) is the fear of pregnancy/giving birth. Perhaps talking to a good midwife or doctor that you trust will give you some confidence.

Whatever the outcome, I do wish you luck Very happy

I'll keep an eye out for the Mersey Tunnel birth story on BBC News Very happy

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
haha cheers xx

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
good luck hun with wateva you choose. i can completely understand why you would want to a section. good luck hun x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews