Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

cysts in pregnancy

charlie84charlie84
posted 1 decade 4 months ago
I have just found out i am 7 weeks preg with my second child, after a recent doctors app i was sent for an early scan as i ahve been getting alot of pain. The scan showed a 3cm cyst but noone has explained whether this is okay or not. Does anyone know if its safe and will it do any damage to my baby?
this all sounds silly but im worried and the docs dont explain things properly.

glennyglenny
im not 100% sure hunni but a friend of mine has just found out she has a cyst and she is about the same stage as you - as far as im aware she has been told just to continue as normal and that baby is fine

i think if there was a risk to baby, you would have been told, still worth giving the MW a ring just to ask and put your mind at rest x

candgsmumcandgsmum
I don't think it should matter too much hun, they will monitor it at your next scan to make sure it hasn't got any bigger.

I had one while I was pregnant with my DS and everything was fine.

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
as the girls said you should be ok and just go on as normal. yll be montitored to make sure it doesnt grow

i chat on another parenting forum and one girl had to have her cyst removed as it had grown. its a very simple procedure and she was home next day and both she and babby are fine. try not to worrt too much hun. good luck with yr pregnancy xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Hi hun, I know it's not exactly the same, but I had cysts in one of my breast that I found at the beginning of my pregnancy, they could tell by the shape and size that it was nothing serious (didn't even have to biopsy it) I worried the you know what outta me until I got the results back from the mamogram so I can relate to what you're feeling. I agree with what others said if it was something the Dr's were very concerned about they would probably be letting you know right away. Good luck hun, let us know how things continue with your pregnancy... and Congratulations too!! Thumbs Up

charlie84charlie84
thanks alot everyone, you've all helped put my mind at ease. Very Happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews