Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Advice needed

posted 1 decade 6 years ago
Hello, I was just wondering if any one could give me some advice. Ive just split with my partner, i have a one and a half year old daughter and im 4 months pregnant. Hes earning alot of money but refuses to pay anything towards his children unless it goes through maitenence.
The thing is he really is a horrible person and i feel so angry that he is out having fun with his friends and spending all his money on crap when i am stuggling to pay the rent, bills and buy food. Im just worried that if i go to child maitenence that he will have rights over them and i really dont want that as i am hoping to move away soon and i dont want him stopping us. Hes name is not on my daughters birth certificate and will not be on the babies to.
So really my question is what rights will he get if hes paying maitenence?

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 6 years ago
I split from my ex when I was pregnant and went on income support. THey ask for details of the father to persue CSA on your behalf. I didn't want my ex knowing where I was (bad an violent history) or paying for my DS (I was told that by paying maintance that would look good if he went for access)I was able to justify to the benefits people why I didnt want to give them his details and I should evidence and they never chased it up and I got the full income support I was entitled to.

Basically if he pays it will look good if he wanted access and he would also know where you are and all your 2nd child;s details

Hope that helps, shout if it doesnt

posted 1 decade 6 years ago
As far as im aware he still doenst have any rights. were you married? i went through a solicitor after my 1st split and as we were married even if he was paying any maintanence he has no rights and the only way he could get them was to go to court.

Join JustParents for free to reply


Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews