Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Pinkish/Brown Discharge at 9 weeks

TdubTdub
posted 9 years 10 months ago
Hi Guys, Im 9 weeks gone and a few weeks ago started bleeding, when I went to hospital, they thought it might have been ectopic. I was referred to the early pregnancy clinic where they did a scan and I saw my babies heartbeat and everything was fine, which was a great relief.

Since then I started this bleed again last Saturday and its now been 8 days and Im getting worried, went back to my doctor last week and she signed me off work for a week but Im really frightened that something bad may have happened and my scan isnt for another 3 weeks. My morning sickness dissapeared almost immidately aswell which allthough isnt missed was a concern at the time as it coincided with the bleeding.

The bleeding isnt bright red, which Im told is good, It started as a pink discharge and then as this week passed went darker and is now pink again so no actual blood so to speak.

What do I do?? Can I request an earlier scan to make sure baby is ok?

Thanks guys

Tracey

glennyglenny
hi hunni - i totally understand your concerns i had pink/brown discharge at 7 weeks which then became an actual bleed - i was told it was likely i had miscarried and had to wait 4 days for a scan

luckiliy everything was fine

in that time though i found out that its really quite common to get this sort of bleeding in early pregnancy, especially round the time when a period may have been due - i dont know for sure, only a scan will tell you, but if youre not having any pain, and youre not passing fresh blood then these are good signs

i have to say though, i cant believe your GP didnt send you for a scan to the EPU - if i were you i would ring the EPU yourself tomorrow morning and tell them you are bleeding and are concerned - they should take you and scan you

good luck x

TdubTdub
Thanks ever so much, I had no pain at all. I was actually due on my period last saturday but I am usually only 'on' for about 4 days so thought it more of a concern. I am going to the doctors tommorow and going to ask for a scan. I tried ringing the EPU and they said that my doctor has to refer me to them, otherwise I cant be seen.

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
hope everythings ok hunni - let us know what ur gp says.

my sis had periods all thru her pregnancy up to about 7months - it worried her everytime but she was fine and so was my neice - 9yrs on shes a bossy little tart LOL!!

TdubTdub
Hey guys, just to let you know, I went to my GP, she referred me for a scan today and baby is absolutely fine, we saw him/her on the scan and it has a really bold heartbeat. Great news.

Thanks ever so much for your support

Tracey

glennyglenny
thats great news tracey Clapping Clapping Clapping

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews