Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

controlled crying

posted 1 decade 1 month ago
well seeing as we should have done this months ago we have tried the controlled crying method of getting Dylan to sleep this week.

We read our Super Nanny Book, checked out details online, took in stock of Coffee and Buiscuits, put on the Tin hat and prepared for War and..........he's cracked it already!! he even went in his cot wide awake last night and got himself off to sleep Clapping Clapping Clapping

So our fear and dread was not needed.....and for the first time since he was born, my Wife and I can finally get a full nights sleep Very Happy

Clapping Yay well done,hope you all enjoy your "full nites sleep"well done baby Dylan. Hug
We did this from the first nite home with our son and we didn't give up by day two we also had sufficient sleep even though we had to feed every two to three hours as our son was premmie.

- My blog
thats brilliant Thumbs Up glad it worked for you

we did the pick up put down method as cc never worked with us, and catherine could cry non stop for days lolol

we did this with ethan from about 8months (when he went into his own room) it worked brilliantly but the past month hes been a complete bugger! hes in his own big bed now and in the night - usually about 4am - gets up and comes into our bed! i think im gonna padlock our bedroom door LOL!

Were going to try and do controlled sleeping with ellie shes 7 months she just wont sleep unless shes breast fed how did you actually do it? and how long did it take till your your little boy got the message that its bedtime.

Well done Clapping

AlexAlex Moderator
I did controlled crying and I think it works so well. It is hard to begin with and can be upsetting but you just have to be strong

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews