Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Advice please

catswinniecatswinnie
posted 1 decade 8 months ago
Hi guys

First time posting and need advice, just had two positive home pregnancy tests but still cant get my head round the fact that i am pregnant, if all calculations are correct i am about 5 weeks. Both of us really happy but i am SOOO apprehensive, reason being i had a phantom a few years back and really scared it is happening again (although tests that time were negative), not just that, but i am experiencing some wierd twinging (a bit like very, very mild period pains)is this normal? would discuss with hubby but he would just put me in a worse panic. I am with the midwife on Tuesday though.obviously a first timer as you can probably tell. Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Scared Confused

catswinniecatswinnie
Thanks for that sammie, so nice to get a response so quickly put my mind at rest i will let you know how it goes. Very Happy

AlexAlex Moderator
Wave hello

Congratulations and good luck for Tuesday. Enjoy the next 35 weeks they will pass quickly

catswinniecatswinnie
thanks alex Very Happy

JOJOJOJO

Sammie said:
i really wouldnt worry, and i'll be the first to say congrats Hug mild pains are perfectly normal for about 5 weeks ish. It's just where bubs is implanting him/herself Very Happy two positives sounds pretty good to me!

congrats to you both hun x
would agree with sammie completly normal congrats xxx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Yes hun again the twinging is a sign of implantation so don't worry yourself and good luck at your mw appointment on Tuesday, keep us updated Smile

Hailzw86Hailzw86
Clapping Congratulations!!! Clapping

GTTkelGTTkel
cONGRATULATIONS to you both, as said before it's probably 'implanting' and I had pains around that time with my first and even some light spotting but it was fine. Hope you have a good pregnancy and an even better baby Baby

catswinniecatswinnie
Hi Guys

thanks everyone for the advice, i did calm down down quite a bit after receiving your replies. Attended MW appointment today everything is fine now and just settling into the fact that i am expecting. Thumbs Up Very Happy

frustratedfrustrated
cogratulations Thumbs Up and again ,sounds perfectly normal. sometimes ur body jus causes the pain or makes u think u can feel the usual "period" like pains as u r used to havin them at this time. make it clear to ur gp that u r worried and why and they can usually get u an early scan at around 6 or 9 weeks which should hopefully help u feel reassured and able to relax and enjoy!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
congratulations Clapping

bet you feel more at ease now its all been confirmed by mw.now just relax and watch your bump grow and wriggle!! Love

catswinniecatswinnie
couldn't get more relaxed if i tried, hubby wont let me lift a finger Tell Off , lets see how long thats last Hey!! best make the most of it before he gets fed up! Very Happy

jo-jojo-jo
Clapping Congratulations hun enjoy it as it goes by so fast.xx

WelshMumWelshMum
Congratulations and welcome! Hug

Lou xx

MummyBMummyB
Hi, congratulations Clapping , yeah make the most of the relaxing times now. Pregnancy goes 'too' fast and you don't stop once baby has arrived. Rolling Eyes

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
congrats, enjoy it xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews