Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Gas and Electric on the rise AGAIN!

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 1 decade 6 months ago
I'm so peed off with it going up again, I'm with British gas and I stuck with them while they had the highest prices being promised they would fall, well it's not even been a year I've had them dropped and they are hiking them up again Evil or Very Mad

I'm in a situation where I am behind on the electric, I could swap but I'd have to find over £100 to pay of my bill before swapping, and I've heard they a complete swine to move away from too Sad

I read somewhere they've just announced record profits, yet still feel the need to put the prices up Shrug

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just so annoyed!!

AlexAlex Moderator
I was just reading about British gas's rise 15% Shocked It is shocking

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
we were with British Gas for 3 yrs, and had nothing but s**t off them! we are on the pre-pay meters and we would get thru at least £18 on the electric and even more on the gas!! we have been with n-power for about 6months now and theyre briliant,we dont even get thru £10 on either of them in a week!!

my dad is with scottish power (i think thats what theyre called) and he says theyre the best hes been with as hes tried a loada diff companys.

but yeh,british gas are known to be the worst, and having been with them myself (and still waiting for a £60 refund!) i can honestly agree with the bad press they get!!

AlexAlex Moderator

Hayley_Kev said:

my dad is with scottish power (i think thats what theyre called) and he says theyre the best hes been with as hes tried a loada diff companys.

it will be scottish Power.

Im with Scottish Hydro electric and so far so good. Im in credit with a fair bit (long may it continue)

candgsmumcandgsmum
I went on a price comparison and Scottish Electric came out cheapest for me...it's just paying off what I owe British Gas that is the main problem.

gypseygypsey
i was with british gas on prepay meter total rip off now with npower and powergen for leccy not to bad so far seems to even itself out through yr

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
I'm with British gas too, wanna change but owe them about £200 on gas but they haven't installed the gas meter yet, rang them a few times too Angry

Gonna change hopefully, but for my elec only place I no that does pre pay only takes British elec keys.

ClaireLClaireL
were with edf and they are rubbush as well. but im in the same boat were behind with paying it so cant change suppliers either.

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

Kelly_Cait said:
I'm with British gas too, wanna change but owe them about £200 on gas but they haven't installed the gas meter yet, rang them a few times too Angry

Gonna change hopefully, but for my elec only place I no that does pre pay only takes British elec keys.

british gas keys are the same as any other.your problem is with the machine supplier.some companys use paypoint, others use payzone.british gas allow one but not the other - and other gas/electric suppliers allow the other but not the one british gas supply.you will always have 2 shops within walking distant of eachother that have the machines.one shop will have one and the other have the other. our local co-op has the paypoint (british gas) but bargain booze has the payzone.the only prob is, bargain booze aint updated their system to accept the key, theyonly accept the card so we have to walk to the next village and go the paper shop there!!

SarahOTMSarahOTM
posted 1 decade 5 months ago
We're with N-power for gass and electricity. We thought we'd got a good deal last year but now the prices are shooting up. I know prices are rising but what really annoy me are their letters. Very glossy, reassuring ways of saying "Sorry, we've decided that dividends for our shareholders and bonuses for our directors are more important to us than the wellbeing of our customers." Frustrated

Roll on tidal power, if this government ever gets serious about green energy.

gypseygypsey
Angry

just had gas bill for quarter £280.00 Crying theres no living might shop and see who got best deals
-

barrybarry
we are with scottish power and we are £70 a month gas and electric Neutral

we have just went monthly from a pre pay meter which was a complete rip off Sad

The prices are a disgrace when you consider how much profit these companies make

I agree with Sarah roll on green energy especially up here the amount of wind we have .....i find it very frustrating when you see on the news as i did recently plans for massive wind farms being ditched because of some old dear who says its spoiling her view !!!! Mad tough would be my answer to them LOL

catgirl_872catgirl_872
i just payed off £250 on my gas and i still gotta pay £350 off my electric Sad

gypseygypsey
omg itr scandolous my leccy is on prepay but gas was bill.thought npower was cheap..well gona change

candgsmumcandgsmum

barry said:

I agree with Sarah roll on green energy especially up here the amount of wind we have .....i find it very frustrating when you see on the news as i did recently plans for massive wind farms being ditched because of some old dear who says its spoiling her view !!!! Mad tough would be my answer to them LOL

That annoys me too Barry, people who say it looks ugly to have wind farms! They don't take into account the fact that the whole point of them is to try and preserve the planet, and that veiw Crazy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews