Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

caseys holiday

angelsmomangelsmom
posted 1 decade 4 months ago
my parents have offered to take casey on holiday for a week. weve discussed it since summer and i thaught it would be ok as theres no way we can manage a holiday this year certainly not abroad.

well mams booked it today theyre goin to tennerife in may. now im starting to worry, thinking shes too young to be without me for a whole week. she loves her grandad and grandma to bits and im sure shell be fine but i worry.

do you think shes young? shell nearly be 3.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I'll be honest hun, I bet she'll do much better with it than you will... she'll miss you lots but will probably have so much fun... you will be the one sittin' there missin her like crazy Crying

I think as long as know she's in great hands, it will be lovely for your parents to get to spend all that time with her and will give you some time to spend with just Hayden Smile

angelsmomangelsmom
i supose, think im feeling bad coz were also looking at nurseries for her and all ive been doing lately is shouting at her. (shes very clever and gets borsed in the house easily)

shell love being with her grandad for a whole week tho i think grandad may need a holiday to recover from his holiday LOL.

ClaireLClaireL
I can imagine how you feel hun. I dont think i could let my daughter go abroad without me! id be a nervous wreck. on the plus side though it would be nice for her and even though you'll miss her it might give you an opportunity to have a good rest as well.

gypseygypsey
i know how exactly u feel my oh is takin my youngest plus older two to is oldest daughters wedding in sept it going to be first time she ever been away from me im a nervous wreck Sad

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hugs hun Hug

I'm sure she will be fine xx

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
my sis-in-law lives in scotland and is always going on about wanting to have ethan over their without us!

i know its what you dont want to hear but i clearly told her no.my problem being - as much as i know he will be looked after,say worse was to happen and he had an accident - i dont drive,and even on train or whatever its a 4hr journey! there is no way i would get there fast enough! when hes 16 and old enough to do what he wants when he wants yes - but until then its a no!!

cherrycherry
I think she would be fine. You may not be, but kids are very adaptable and will enjoy the independence. You may have trouble getting her back to nomal when she returns but a bit of grandparental bonding is always a good thing.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews