Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

made redundant,and the kids are driving me mad

melly72melly72
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
hello all, 2 years ago i was offered a assistant managers job! after long talks with my husband i decided to take the job, while he became a home maker, it was hard for him at the time,as the kids had been used to me being at home all the time! on new years eve i was made redundant as the company folded! now my husband is back at work and im at home. its great being with the kids properly again but they are constantly falling out arguing and generally being little monsters!!! oh by the way they are 7 and 9, sorry to go on but i need help there driving me mad, they only act like this when there dads not here! any advice!!

sugarsugar Moderator
Hi hun! Sorry i dont have any advice i only have a 3yr old!
Would taking them out or doing acitvites with them help - cooking painting?

(moved to parenting)

trogettetrogette
I really like the book Siblings Without Rivalry for help in getting a handle on family dynamics. Letting them sort things out among themselves as much as possible can help lots, alongside not comparing/taking sides and 'active listening.'

WitchyPooWitchyPoo
I found that when i stopped work, i was lost, and because of that the kids REALLY got on my nerves, more than they probably would or should have.

i had a 7 and 9 year old, i now have 8,10 and 12, same age gaps tho, and the boys especially rub eachother up the same way these days.......i used to notice that they played up once dad (the scary shouty one) was out of the equation, so i had to start and be tough myself, putting forward rules and carrying out punishments if and when they were naughty.....instead of the manthing who always did it in the past.......it took a while but they got there, and once i had settled myself into a routine of not working, things settled too.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews