Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Brushing Teeth

TwinMummiTwinMummi
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi just wondering how you introduced brushing teeth to your LO's?

Just my boys have a couple of teeth now and thought it be best to start brushing them and get them used to them being brushed. Oh what fun that will be lol Very happy Very happy

AlexAlex Moderator
As soon as Joseph had a tooth- we starting brushing.

He got his first tooth at just over 4 mths abut he had a toothbrush from about 3 that he used to suck on a nibble- I felt giving it to him as a toy would make the tooth brush seem less scary.

peanutspeanuts
i got my little girl to play with her tooth brush first she loved to bite it when she was teething then i let her hold it while i brushed then she is 21 months now and loves doing then herslf

tiggytiggy
Alyssa loves brushing her teeth she know whenm i go into the bathroom in the morning im going to brush mine nshe will point at her toothbrush.

FfionFfion
- My blog
both mine were 5 months when i first brushed there teeth! and now elise is 3 she can brush her teeth up to 7 times as day! lol!

CarolSCarolS
I used to brush my childrens gums as soon as I spotted a tooth beginning to come through, then they get used to the feel of the brush against their gums.

TinkTink
i started brushing Bethanys teeth as soon as her first one came through. she now loves brushing her teeth and does it at every opportunity she gets lol

carnivalgicarnivalgi
We do struggle to get Rio to brush her teeth. She's a bit of a monster and hates anything like teeth brushing, hair combing, nappy changing. It's a constant battle. With her teeth, in the end we usually have to pin her down I'm afraid, but I think it's important that she do it. SDhe has her first visit toi the dentist in June so that'll be fun!!

littleladylittlelady
i let both of mine suck on the brush from birth, they both happily sit there scrubbing on their own now Very happy

DanielleDanielle
Brushed my son's teeth as soon as they came through..Used that kiddies toothpaste when he was a babe, but now he uses same as me. He's a good boy, brushes them day and night, use to it Smile

Danielle x

chezchez
just make it really fun for them as if its a game they wil love doing it and look forward to brushing them then. i started with mine as soon as there first tooth came through Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews