Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

dog wee!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
posted 1 decade 9 months ago
as you all know iv had a puppy (a week tomorrow in fact!) but where he had a few accidents - he seems to now and then go back to that same place and wee!! now i used towatch that doggy training program (the one with the soft talking skinny leather wearing innocent yet scarey woman) and i remeber her saying what products to use and what to now to remove the wee smell (as this is why he keeps going back cuz he can smell it). does anyone know what it is i clean the area with? kev seems to think its pepper but im not too sure!

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
There is a product here that has the word miracle in it but I can't think of the name... it works really well at removing the odor, I'm gonna see if I can google and find the name of it LOL, being the googler I"ve become recently Rolling Eyes

As far as training shows go, dont know if you guys have his show there or not but The Dog Whisperer is amazing!! His name is Cesar something and he is incredible with training because he gets on the instinctual level with the dogs and it's all about dominating in a calm way and showing who is the alpha of "the pack", the guy works miracles on dogs that you'd never think could be trained...

oh yea, he's very cute too! and he does thing cute little thing to calm the dogs with a snap and a little sound he makes.... His big thing is to be Calm and Assertive with the dogs... ok, I"ve rambled again sorry, hope it helps atleast.... and while I've rambled, just thought of the name of the stuff, it's called Nature's Miracle, amazing pee pee removal product!! Good luck babe!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
but does it remove the smell to us as thats not what i want if it does - i want something that removes the ammonia attraction from the dog so he doesnt scent it.iv just googled it and that says vinigar but im sure it wasnt vinigar - altho it was some form of household product! i have a feeling its salt water??? according to what ov found on google any cleaning product that doesnt contain amonia (such as washing up liquid) will work - i need to buy one of them uv lights so i can scrub anywhere thats shows up bright green!

The nature miracle stuff removes the odor so the dog can't smell it too, I used vinigar too and I think that IMHO just made it smell like dog pee with vinigar on top Gag

http://www.eightinonepet.com/products.php?display=17&main=2

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
eww!!! vinigary dog pee!!

is this miracle stuff powder spray or what then? i might see if i can find it on ebay or something!!

no, it comes in liquid form but I noticed on the site I posted the link too that they have several new products since my days of having to clean up puppy pee pee.... although those days may be coming again cuz Mike and Amber's Costa Rica resort dog Luvia's mom is just had pups when Mike was down there, I have strong feeling that one of them will be coming back with us when we make a trip down this summer.... atleast it will be a few months old at that point... he also paid for Luvia to be fixed so that she won't have any puppies.. cuz Mike's so cool like that Love

buzzybuzzy
i have a greyhound that has peed on the rug, i think we should bin it but if there was anything to clean it with it would be good!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i watched 'its me or the dog' (that was the program i was trying to think about with that victoria woman on)

anyways,its non-bio washing powder... sprinkle it over then i think its white vinigar or something leave it to soak and then wash off with water... i tryed it - but dunno how its worked! only time will tell - but i can gladly say we had a fantatsic night with jaykey lastnight - in the day hes learning to tell us that he needs go 'weewee' and lastnight he did nothing in the house - not even on his training mat by the back door! i let him out first thing and he had a poo! im so proud of him that he knew to hold himself Clapping

candgsmumcandgsmum
Aw glad it is going well with Jakey Smile

We used washing up liquid with Roxie to clean the pee but she still peed everywhere Rolling Eyes We got told never to use anything with amonia in it because it just makes them wee again.

Glad he's doing so well Hayley! That's awesome Thumbs Up sounds like it's an easy road with him from here on out... let's hope anyway, right!

Betcha he's gettin' big fast huh!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

hapydazy said:
Glad he's doing so well Hayley! That's awesome Thumbs Up sounds like it's an easy road with him from here on out... let's hope anyway, right!

Betcha he's gettin' big fast huh!

im still putting mats down at night by the back door just incase he cant hold it but again - hes been good and held himself til i let him out this morning! he had his injections yesterday and then we went on a massive run! hes loving been able to go out now instead of sticking to the garden! and hes brilliant on the lead too - i was abit wary of taking him out because of traffic and all but he soon got used to it! although hes wary of big wagons and lorrys passing us!

my parents came up this morning and my dad said that hes got so big since he saw him last thursday! i dont see him growing that much but i see his belly gettin fatter!! haha!! Very Happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews