Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Help with playpen information

supermumsupermum
posted 9 years 11 months ago
- My blog
Hi mums & dads
I am trying to write an article about the pros and cons of the playpen.
If you have any stories, experience or questions yourself, I would be very grateful for your replies!
Tina Thumbs Up

AlexAlex Moderator
I used my travel cot as a play pen wnd loved it. I never left him in it long just enogh to do hoovering etc or fill my coal buckets. I probably used it more to keep him safe than really play but if I was to have another I would use it again.

candgsmumcandgsmum
I have never used one myself because I've never needed to. My mum used one for my brother who was very hyperactive and it was safer to put him in one.

He did on several occasions rock it over and get out though Scared

supermumsupermum
- My blog
Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate it! It's quite a horror story to see your boy rocking it over to get out though! My God. Didn't even know that this was possible but there you are....there is always more to learn Smile

supermumsupermum
- My blog
Hi Sammie
I hope you understand if I say Bad! What an excuse! I feel quite strongly about this because obviously, babies are there to develop, to be loved and cared for but what your friend does (I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude to your friend) is certainly not right!!! The only comfort I have is the fact that her little daughter will soon speak up to her and she will then see what she is doing...How can she prefer her clean floors to her daughter's wellbeing and urge to explore her immediate surrounding??? Frustrated
Ok, I said enough now! I hope this is just an exceptional way of using a playpen.

candgsmumcandgsmum
LOL, yeah we laugh about it now, but at the time my mum was absolutely frightened to death and had to move it right up against a wall so he couldn't rock it.

He was diagnosed with hyperactivity so I think in my brothers case, it is a very rare occurance of being able to rock it over. my mum hated putting him in it because she felt so cruel but, at the end of the day his safety was the reason. I think she got it shortly after he decided to jump off the sofa at 18 months old and cracked his skull and ended up with an overnight stay in hospital Scared

candgsmumcandgsmum

Sammie said:
ouch!

Tbh he was an absolute devil when he was little, but the drs realised his pancreass (sp) wasn't coping well with sugar and he had to reduce his intake really drastically. He had to have diabetic sweets and my mum had to be careful if she even gave him crisps incase there was sugar in them! I think it was something that sorted itself out and he grew out of it so to speak. One good thing I suppose is he doesn't have a sweet tooth, probably because he got so used to not having it Shrug

supermumsupermum
- My blog
Well, it sounds like your mum had her hands full Rolling Eyes
I don't know much about your kids but I always find that stories like this make me wonder how my parents coped.... Cuckoo

supermumsupermum
- My blog
sorry, forgot to add: now that we have our own babies...
(was too busy choosing the right smiley - silly me Very Happy )

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews