Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

How much is too much?

KrisMKrisM
posted 1 decade 5 months ago
OK have heard that we blokes tend to get protective when partners are pregnant and try to do everything for them and this tends to get the hormones raging.
What should I be offering to do for Hayls now and when she gets bigger and what should I let her do to avoid a shouting at?
I am quite competent with a washing machine and also the hoover if that helps?

emzyemzy
i didnt like my partner doing for me-if felt as thoguh i was disabled and ill not pregnant! he didn certain stuff obviously that invoilved using ladders but i still did what i could! i love my independence and not relying on other people!

angelmumangelmum
John just helped out with house work if i was feeling tired or he would give me a massage Very Happy he would also not let me lift anything too heavey Smile

angelsmomangelsmom
lee hoovers, we share washing n washing up. hes always cleaned kitchen and i do bathroom but as weve got later in pregnancy he does bath for me.

i think as long as you offer and dont moan when she says no then moan when she asks for help ull be ok. were a strange breed, our feelings change daily.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Do the heavy lifting - stuff like moving the laundry basket up and down the stairs.

Mart used to help with the hoovering and would do a bit of washing here and there. i personally found I needed the help during the first 3 -4 months the most because it was when i felt the most tired - and sick! Just him cooking the tea and bathing Charlotte helped me and didn't get on my wick too much LOL!

wyked-wytchwyked-wytch
- My blog
All you can do is be there for her as she needs you. You should be taking your fair share of the housey stuff whether she's pregnant or not though so get out that hoover! LOL Don't treat her with kid gloves though cause that'll just annoy her.

bunnigirlbunnigirl
offer to do things babe she might feel ok with doing them

one thing dont say ur not doing that if she does want to do it cos that can get annoying u want to protect her and the baby but she not a invilid she will know when its too much and if she knows u r there for her she wont be afraid to ask for your help hunni

if u know what i mean LOL

xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews