Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Why all of sudden waking up during the night???

TwinMummiTwinMummi
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Can anyone help or give me advice.

They have slept through from 9pm ish to 8am ish since they were about 6 months (apart from when they've been ill). But for the past week Zak has been waking up at 4am ish??? It's not taken long to get him back off and he has then slept til 8am ish then.

Just wondering what can be causing this.

They are more active now during the day, crawling around, so I have increased their intake of food.

They're napping for about half hour on a morning and hour and halfish on an afternoon, which is less than they used to.

So unsure what could be causing this.

Anyone any ideas and advice? Greatly appreciated

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Sad Face Aww both mine went through this Liz Crazy drove me mad.

Could they be teething I think mine were testing the water to see if I would play with them Suspect or get them out of bed, but they soon started sleeping through again as I never got them out Wink

How did they sleep last night?? is it only Zak that is waking?

TwinMummiTwinMummi
They are teething, but not bothering them at the minute. Zak woke up again at 4.30 this morning and went back off after coming in with us and I put him back in his cot and he slept til 7ish.

Nathan was on and off but nothing too bad.

Someone has told me that the less they nap during the day the less they sleep during the night apparently. They get into the sleep routine of not sleeping for long periods, so gonna try making their naps a bit longer. Even if it means putting them in their cot for naps. Wish me luck lol

AlexAlex Moderator

TwinMummi said:

Someone has told me that the less they nap during the day the less they sleep during the night apparently. They get into the sleep routine of not sleeping for long periods, so gonna try making their naps a bit longer. Even if it means putting them in their cot for naps. Wish me luck lol

I have never heard that. I found when Joseph cut out his nap he slept longer at night. The average sleep for a year old is about 15-16 hours a day/night

mumof2mumof2
no advice for you but plenty of sympathy.caitlin has started to do exactly the same in the night but she doesnt nap anymore so goig to try and get her down during the day again even for 20 mins and see if it makes any difference

trogettetrogette
increases in night waking are really common in conjunction with development spurts, and it's totally normal for babies to wake in the night anyway. Cave-mum would need to be aware enough to ward off the sabre-tooth tiger or whatever, it's only since we got 'nesch' and stopped being mud-hut villagers that we've slept for long periods without disturbance *grin*

AlexAlex Moderator
As I said in the othe post, could they be cold hun (february is the coldest month of the year, and it is freezing just now) try a sleepsuit/baby sleeping bag or a blanket under their sheets

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews