Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Not long to go now!

sugarsugar Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Yey! i've only got 67 days to go! I know its ages but im getting excited - supposed to be going baby shopping in the next couple of weeks to get bedding and im borrowing my mates moses basket - hoping to get a new cot as think cot-bed is too long for our bedroom! argh dilema!! Shocked

EmmieEmmie
OHH i loved the excitment when i was waiting i brought a cot and lots of clothes/

i was lucky that my family brought a majoury of stuff for my bubs Very happy

sugarsugar Moderator
Family bought most of the stuff for DD but this time round we have managed to get most of the items ourselves!
MIL is taking us shopping for the last few bits - she lvoes doing this and has done for all of her grandchildren (this will be her 3rd!)

crazy_girlcrazy_girl
Hi ive not got long to go either..i just have to buy pram blankets and write my birth plan out...god knwa what im going to put...

Love crazy_girl xx

mitchmitch
i never had a birth plan Suspect i love the exitment of the last few weeks but i start to get Sleep less Teeth

trogettetrogette
what about a co-sleeper and save the cot-bed for later? But then I haven't used a cot for mine since dd2 was a couple of weeks old, lol.

Don't forget a decent baby carrier Wink

sugarsugar Moderator
I wont do anything like that as i dont agree with babies sleeping in or with mum & dad. I always think they should be put in thier own place to sleep - we are going to use dds cot-bed now anyway (squeeeeeeeze it in!) and just buy a new matteress Smile

AlexAlex Moderator
I cant believe how little time left you have. It will fly past and little bubs will be here Very happy

trogettetrogette

sugar said:
I wont do anything like that as i dont agree with babies sleeping in or with mum & dad. I always think they should be put in thier own place to sleep - we are going to use dds cot-bed now anyway (squeeeeeeeze it in!) and just buy a new matteress Smile

Can I be nosey and ask why?

sugarsugar Moderator
sure hun lol i just dont believe in having babies in with you - it increses the risk of cot death and i feel they should learn to sleep in thier own as soon as possible - our daugther was in our room until 6 months old but she was in her onw cot so we were still "there" in a way and could settle her as soon as she needed, plus im also a worry wort and am scared that i would roll onto her and sufforcate her - ive read so many stories about mums being done for murder when they've acidentally rolled into thier baby! but thats just my opinion hun Smile xxxx

trogettetrogette
Actually it reduces the risk of SIDS if the parents aren't under the influence of drink or drugs (including prescription/OTC meds that affect sleep) or smokers, and normally-alert mothers tend to naturally make a 'nest' shape around their babies when sleeping with them which prevents rolling onto them. Just thought since you're planning to breastfeed it would make it easier to do night feeds if the cot/crib is open and right next to the bed. Learning to feed lying down is one of the most useful skills for mothers of young babies (and older ones too!) I think Smile and given that we're naturally programmed to drop off more quickly than people who aren't breastfeeding it makes sense to me to prepare to cosleep safely. Got to be better than falling asleep sat up with baby on your lap and dropping them!

sugarsugar Moderator
Part of the reason i wont haev them in bed hun is i would be scared of sufforcating them while breast feeding if i fell asleep! im not the smallest of people in that area and part of the reason i had to stop with my daugther was she couldnt breathe! i would always take my daugther onto my bed to breast feed while it lasted anyway as its more comfy! I undertsand what you are saying hun but im just too big a worry wort when it comes to sleeping with babies - especially as im on the bigger side. Embarassed Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews