Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Bilingual

LilMissBossyLilMissBossy
posted 1 decade 1 week ago
Hiya,

Anyone here raising their babies bilingual?

As I am born Austrian but living here in the UK with a lovely english man I am planning to raise my baby bilingual - so I'll be spaking German and my partner will speak English - the main family language will stay English.

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i thort thats what most fmailies did anyways!

everyone i know who are different languages there kids can speak both.i also went to school with a girl who had an english dad a gibraltease (if thats how u say it) mum - she spoke both languages! i remember as a kid going her house and she would always get told off in spanish LOL!

LilMissBossyLilMissBossy

Hayley_Kev said:
i thort thats what most fmailies did anyways!

but most familie are not neccessarily bilingual Wink

would be nice to find some bilingual mummies here to get some advice! Very Happy

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

LilMissBossy said:
most familie are not neccessarily bilingual Wink

would be nice to find some bilingual mummies here to get some advice! Very Happy

well mine aint obvioulsly! as we are both english!

like i said, theres many families out there where the parents are of different origins and the child is raised with both languages! both languages meaning bilingual!

you also need to look around for bilingual schools - i know there are some in the area we live as its become a more mixed culture now than what it used to be.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews