Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

engaging

lorri-loulorri-lou
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
this might sound really stupid, but when your baby engages does it add pressure to your bladder or does it relieve it abit? i cant really remember anything from first time round, and everything is different 2nd time.

candgsmumcandgsmum
From what I can remember it makes it worse because they just constantly kick and punch you in it too sorry hun. Kiss

lorri-loulorri-lou
i thought as much. Oh well looks like i'll be needing incontinance pads. Baby isnt engaged yet tho, well he wasnt last week, at midwifes 2morro so will find out then.

lorri-loulorri-lou
just been to see mw and baby is 4/5 engaged. does this mean that he is nearly in position?

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i think it goes 5/5 then 4/5 and so on 1/5 is when theyre ready - although with me it was a case of he wasnt engaged at all to my waters breaking with 2days!!

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
other way round hun 1/5 - 3/5 is just normal 4/5 - 5/5 is your almost ready

candgsmumcandgsmum
Well that is what I thought mummyheath but when my friend had her baby it was how Hayley said it was, but with both mine 1/5 was least engaged and 5/5 was like fully engaged Suspect

AlexAlex Moderator
if it is your 2nd the head might not engage until you are in labour. but I remember that pressure on your bladder- it was awful, I hated peeing all the time (I have the bladder of a camel normally)- Im sure it just happens when baby moves and uses your bladder as wither a pillow or a punch bag!!

lorri-loulorri-lou

alex said:
if it is your 2nd the head might not engage until you are in labour. but I remember that pressure on your bladder- it was awful, I hated peeing all the time (I have the bladder of a camel normally)- Im sure it just happens when baby moves and uses your bladder as wither a pillow or a punch bag!!

This is my 2nd, so im kinda hoping this is this the case. Cant go anywhere without feeling like im gonna pee my pants and even when i go to the toilet, half the time i dont actually need to go! The joys of being pregnant!!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews