Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Birth Plan

angelsmomangelsmom
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
Ive had a go at my birth plan today. i wrote out what i wanted then had a read of my friends plans (she has 2 one for home birth one for hospital) and have wrote it out.

gonna get lee to lookat it when he gets in incase theres anything he wants or i want but forgot and hes remembered.

i dont want it to sound like a list of demands but i dont want to be over familiar IYKWIM.

did any of you do one and was it used?

hipmommahipmomma
i never actually wrote a birth plan, but i was very certain in my own mind of what i did and didnt want. I was lucky to have straightforward births.

I know the hospital i am going to has a birthing pool and i would love a water birth, but it is kind of the luck of the draw as to whether or not there is already someone in there when you go in!!

crazy_girlcrazy_girl
i wrote one but fotgot to take it LOL.. i put that i wanted a water birth which i had..that i didnt want stiched..i nedded them but didnt have them cause i refused..and that i wanted chris with me all the time..which he was...i wasnt demanding but i made sure i got what i wanted...

catgirl_872catgirl_872
haha i wanted a water birth but they were runnin the water while the head was comin out so never happened LOL im not gonna bother doin one this time no point hes just gonna come to fast to make plans LOL xxx

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
NEVER NEVER make a birth plan LOL!! i dont know anyones (incl. mine!) thats actually gone to plan!! mine was water birth with low lighting and soft music with kev in the water with me and my mum at the side - i had emergencyc-section,with kev not alowing to be in til i was cut open and baby was about to be pulled out and my mum wasnt allowed be anywhere near us!! she had to wait in the waiting room! i was sooo upset!!

hopefully yours will all go to plan and im hoping my next birth will be the one i wanted all along!!

catgirl_872catgirl_872
awww thats everytin i wanted but like is said it went to fast to think about what i wanted LOL xx

angelsmomangelsmom
For all ive got alot of points in my plan ill be happy if i get 3 things.

i dont have a section (i really really dont want one i couldnt cope, not just physically but mentally)

lee stays with me

and epidural is only used if i really really need one.

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

angelsmom said:
For all ive got alot of points in my plan ill be happy if i get 3 things.

i dont have a section (i really really dont want one i couldnt cope, not just physically but mentally)

lee stays with me

and epidural is only used if i really really need one.

hun i was dead set against a c-section and an epidural - i wanted it all as natural as i could cope with... sometimes we have no choice - my little boys heart stopped beating (resulting in my emergency c-section) and was lifeless when he was born, he soon came round! and i thank the docs that they got me in theatre as quick as they did or Ethan may not of been so lucky! Sad i also had to have a epidural/spinal block for the section - and to be honest that is rather a funny dam drug!!

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
I never wrote a birth plan as I was just open to all ideas, I decided to take things as they come, I just wanted to see if I could cope with the pain and if not just take things as and when.

I ended up having a natural birth with pethidine (which didnt do anything for me) and gas and air (which was great Thumbs Up )! I also had to have forceps used as Mia's heart rate went down and I was struggling to push her out!

But I am glad of the decisions I made and I knew deep down that Dave knew what I wanted and he wouldnt of let anything I didnt want to happen go ahead Very Happy

AllaniscometAllaniscomet
Well Christian & I are doing one for a home birth/ also a water birth. Nevaeh was born at the hospital, and we just felt so out of control as far as what we wanted! So this time, we want it at home, where we can choose how things are done, and when. If anyone has done this before I would love some input.

angelsmomangelsmom
I had a section with casey and i beleive that was the root of my pnd.

obviously if there is not other choice and my babys life is in danger then ill have a section. all im saying is i want every other avenue explored before theatre. Also after the epidural ive suffered with back ache so want to try and avoid that.

Allaniscomet- My friend is hoping for a home birth, ive read her birth plans. shes done one for home birth including whats to be done if she has to be transferred. she also has a plan for a hospital birth as shes prone to early babys. if youd like to know anything from her plans feel free to ask. (im sure shell be happy to know shes helping)

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews