Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

curry

kimbekimbe
posted 1 decade 3 months ago
ok people had a curry tonight and its done sod all as i am still sat here LOL officaly 1 week l8

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
do u feel anything??

i dont know wether it was the curry that started me off or wether i would of started then anyways but my waters broke in me sleep after the curry!

kimbekimbe
nope dont feel anything ,, oo will have to wait and see when i got to bed then

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
I have told you to drink fresh pineapple juice! I drank 1 carton and went into labour the next day while also drinking another carton! hehehe! trust me its worth a try, I dont like curry so I couldnt try that 1! x

candgsmumcandgsmum
Fresh Pineapple! Ok it ate like 3 whole ones in one weekend but I went into labour the Monday!

I also tried lavender oil in a bath, I had 2 baths a day with it in from 40 weeks, still 4 days late, but no where near as late as with Charlotte!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
pineapple never worked for me - but i still ate loads as i love it!! mmm!!

anything kimbe??

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
dont think there is anything happening yet as she would ring me as soon as it did as I hopefully will be going with her when she goes in! xxx

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

miaruby said:
dont think there is anything happening yet as she would ring me as soon as it did as I hopefully will be going with her when she goes in! xxx

aww thats nice being there when baby makes its way into the world,you must be really close friends.

i just had my mum and kev there - although cuz it ended up being an emergency c-section in the end they wouldnt allow my mum in so i only had kev and mum waited in the waiting room. Sad

kimbekimbe
they dont sell pinapple in iceland were i do my big shop and i never think to pick any up i do like it though ,,the curry has made no difference but it was bloody nice ,,i had a bath the other night but couldnt get comfortable and ended up getting out which was a right effort was puffing an panting like an old woman LOL still nothing as of yet i feel her moving which is good im 41 weeks an 1 day see mw 2mo

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
im sorry to say it hun but nothing worked with me either the teas curry sex long walks none of it!! i ended up being induced by hospital which wasnt too bad coz i went into labour 4hours later LOL it wont be much longer hun

kimbekimbe
i am quite worried about being induced think i will be sat in the hospital for hours hooked up to a drip i hear some people go quick but with it being my first and her head postion its a bit scary her head still aint engaged my worse fear is that i will be induced it take ages then they go o her head aint cum down and u need a section just scared of all those hours of labour to maybe not be able to push her out

gypseygypsey
Smile iwas induced with both my girls it not as bad with my first i had my last daughter hour and half later

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
no they should use a pessary first they will do that 3times if that doesnt work then you'll go onto drip they wont just go straight to the drip. they may brake your waters for you to make babys head drop but it will all be fine i had all that with my first coz i had scarily high blood pressure the whole time.
you'll be fine hun i promise. xxxx Hug

AlexAlex Moderator
Dont stress about being induced hun.

They will try a pill or gel a few times first (and you will be hooked up to the CTG monitor for 30mins after that) If they dont work or your contractions are not strong or irregular you might get the drip but even though you are hooked up to it you can move about etc, I had a bath when hooked up to my drip , (my pal went out for a fag!!! Rolling Eyes )

It may take a while to get you started but once you are labour tends to go quicker than a natural labour

P.S - all a curry will do is give you a good clean out- wont start the labour. (My friend did do the castor oil and it worked for her but I wouldnt recommend it- not good for you)

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i have heard if u do the castor oil it can harm baby and if the hospital find out u have they can refuse to deliver u as it makes baby slippy and they wont be responsable for dropping baby they went mad at my sis for doing it
xxx

catgirl_872catgirl_872
nah never worked for me so im not gonna bother tryin LOL one thing i have heard of that i didnt try is pineapple so i will have some of that LOL xxx

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

kimbe said:
they dont sell pinapple in iceland were i do my big shop and i never think to pick any up i do like it though ,,the curry has made no difference but it was bloody nice ,,i had a bath the other night but couldnt get comfortable and ended up getting out which was a right effort was puffing an panting like an old woman LOL still nothing as of yet i feel her moving which is good im 41 weeks an 1 day see mw 2mo

our iceland does (i shop there too!) where the tins r they do tinned fruits - theyalso do it in like huge plastic tubs (which is what i always had!)

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

bunnigirl said:
i have heard if u do the castor oil it can harm baby and if the hospital find out u have they can refuse to deliver u as it makes baby slippy and they wont be responsable for dropping baby they went mad at my sis for doing it
xxx

this is an old wives tail hun that the baby is 'slippy',it doesnt touch the baby as u drink it! they say add it to fresh orange juice.
it acts as a laxative and can give you real bad diahreah (sp?) not nice for the poor midwife whos down that end!! hence the reason they dont like you to use it.it also makes u highly dehydrated which is not reccommended during labour.

bunnigirlbunnigirl

Hayley_Kev said:

bunnigirl said:
xxx

this is an old wives tail hun that the baby is 'slippy',it doesnt touch the baby as u drink it! they say add it to fresh orange juice.
it acts as a laxative and can give you real bad diahreah (sp?) not nice for the poor midwife whos down that end!! hence the reason they dont like you to use it.it also makes u highly dehydrated which is not reccommended during labour.

oh right well personally i still wouldnt drink it apparently its ment to taste like crayons gross or what LOL
xxx

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
LOL hun! well wen i was told about the castor oil i was always led to beleve u... ahem... inserted it!!!

glad i never tried it as how wrong would i have been - haha!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews