Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Grrrrrrr MIL

TigerRoseTigerRose
posted 1 decade 11 months ago
Mad Not a happy bunny!!!!

My MIL is a lovely lady but can be very tactless at the best of times.
I was a weight watcher for 2 years and lost 5 stone before getting pregnant, I am "aware" shall we say of my body weight and shape and I'll admit as shallow as it sounds I did find it a little difficult to adjust to my bump and I did panic that DH would go off me (bless him though he's been great!)

Yesterday I called MIL as DH hadn't for a while and I wanted to make sure she was ok.
She told me all about her house house woes (single person living in a 3 bed HUGE house on a HUGE garden - us two bed flat, dog, bump and no garden) so I felt compelled to tell her about our crap situation and how lucky she is!!! (she went quiet)
Then, as if I didn't feel bad enough, she went on to tell me how big I am, what a waste it was losing weight and how she hopes I don't stay fat after having the baby! Crying

This has made me feel really crap because I was beginning to feel really good about my bump - now I feel a frump again.
I know she dosn't mean to be tactless but I mean come on!!
DH wasn't happy she'd said it because he knows my weight issues go quite deep and he knows I worry, I mean would you really say that to someone carrying your grandchild! She didn't say it to my BILs wife!!

Feel crap Sad
Sorry for the rant.

gypseygypsey
thats horrid i wudnt take it to much to heart Sad

kimbekimbe
how heartless sometimes people cant feel better about themselves without making others feel bad grrrrrr ur bump is amazing got a lil life growing inside it it does hurt when people go omg ur huge r u avin twins etc when i first got pregnant people were like omg kim ur going to get massive i was like thanks alot ,,not i have a big belly now growing my beutiful daughter i dont care how big i get the people who really matter will stil be around i bet she feels really bad silly lady

glennyglenny
take no notice hunni - you look fab - youre carrying your baby and thats wonderful - you'll lose your weight after baby, but its not the most important thing - i was quite obsessed with losing my weight at the start, but i soon chilled out about it - ignore that silly woman and enjoy your pregnancy hunni x

hipmommahipmomma
ever noticed that if you rearrange the letters in mother in law you get.......woman hitler!!!

much love hunni, don;t pay any note to an interfering old bat x

glennyglenny

hipmomma said:
ever noticed that if you rearrange the letters in mother in law you get.......woman hitler!!!

love it Thumbs Up

TigerRoseTigerRose

hipmomma said:

much love hunni, don;t pay any note to an interfering old bat x

LOL that really made me chuckle! Thumbs Up

Thanks, I just felt really urgh after she'd said it I suddenly went from blooming to saggy and deflated!

njcubanqtnjcubanqt
No one can beat my MIL. I am a Cuban American woman and my husband is Jewish. His mom has never liked me. At our wedding she cried as if she were at a funeral.

We are expecting our second child together in May 2008 and everyone in my family was super excited. His parents on the other hand told us that we had options. My husbands mother actually told him that it was terrible news. WHAT!!!!

I haven't spoken to them in 8 weeks. I am 14 weeks along and don't care to ever speak to them again. How can a grandparent say such a thing.

TigerRoseTigerRose

njcubanqt said:
No one can beat my MIL. I am a Cuban American woman and my husband is Jewish. His mom has never liked me. At our wedding she cried as if she were at a funeral.

We are expecting our second child together in May 2008 and everyone in my family was super excited. His parents on the other hand told us that we had options. My husbands mother actually told him that it was terrible news. WHAT!!!!

I haven't spoken to them in 8 weeks. I am 14 weeks along and don't care to ever speak to them again. How can a grandparent say such a thing.

I know what you mean - when I told my MIL she asked if she was hoping for the worst or hoping for the best?!?

I mean wtf??!!

I was so excited I was bouncing and after that I rang DH and told him how disgusted I was. Even he was angry with her!

lorri-loulorri-lou
mother in laws!? Evil or Very Mad think they can say what they like. hadnt seen mine for a few weeks, dont have much to do with us, we are the poor relations or should i say the ones that dont lick their arses!!! and anyway i walked into her house, all family there, brother in law, his skinny girlfriend (who has had baby 7 months ago), sister in law and father in law and she proceeds to tell me "eh laura, look at the size of u, your face, your legs everything" and father in law chips in with "do u think u'll b able to get rid of it?". it makes you feel so wonderful about urself! felt like cryin.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews