Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

hi, i'm new and in search of advice

becbec
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
hi just registered here this evening after a few really stressful days. i've got 2 boys, 2 years and 3 years. they wake VERY grumpy most mornings and sometimes ( it seems like most of the time) kind of stay that way for most of the day. i suffered with post natal depression with my 2nd baby, i think probably my first as well. i wonder whether this had some affect on them and whether i can turn that back. i feel sad at my young childrens apparent unhappiness. my eldest child , thomas, occasionaly suffers a fear of going to poo for a while. its happened again. he spends all day frequently pulling his knees up round his ears. going bright red, sticking the heel of his foot up his bum. it really interfers with his play and really distresses him, especially when he does evetually go, in his pants or otherwise. its really upsetting. me and my husband find it hard to be consistant with it and find ourselves getting really cross, feel guilty for getting cross then trying softly softly approach. i began potty training my youngest who is 2 and a bit, and he started really well. but hes developed fear of pooing, probably brought on by his brothers reaction and our reaction to it. he got so frightened he was shaking. i swear i keep as calm as a cucumber. i've been really easy going with potty training and cannot understand where this has all come from. i'm beginning to dread the next day. does anyone else ever feel this way? please tell me i'm not the only one who feels they struggle most of the time? i hear most of the time from others "motherhood is the biggest joy in my life" please help!! x :o( Crying

glennyglenny
hi bec

welcome to the site firstly - im afraid i cant really help as my LO is only 14 months and havent been thru this stage yet - i do however suffer PND and i know how hard things can be - i have heard that its generally easier to potty train for a pee than for a poo.

hope you can get some real advice ((HUGS)) x

GTTkelGTTkel
I do go through phases of every day seeming really bad and I just can't wait until it's bed time again. The kids moods vary so much and sometimes I don't want to be away from them for a minute but other days I don't what to do with them so I do have sympathy for you. As for the potty thing well when I trained my oldest she was very funny about doing a poo in the potty and liked to be hidden, she wouldn't do it with us watching her and even when learnt to wee on the potty/toilet she would ask to have a nappy put on to poo in for another few weeks but finally grew out of it.

becbec
hi, thanks for the message of support. i felt so much better after venting my fustrations on here and reading other peoples messages. Smile i'm glad to say we all had a much better day today. tommy and oli have been mostly happy and contented and so have i. we had a great halloween party lunch today with some friends and soon we're going out trick or treating
Kiss

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews