Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Children's christmas presents

hipmommahipmomma
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I will be doing exactly what I did last year! I spent around £70 at car boots buying all sorts of toys games activities etc. The kids were still opening presents before bedtime!!

What is so fantastic about that is it isnt expensive, and also when things end up getting broken or trashed (as they inevitablly do) it doesnt matter, because i dont feel i have wasted a load of money!

The only thing i think i am buying from new this year is power rangers dress up outfits for the two of them cuz they are obsessed! lol

gypseygypsey
got my yopumgest art things and pens and paper plus i got her a little tykes kitchen plus get her some new togs

GTTkelGTTkel
I've got loads for DD this week-a girls world with some make-up, the Peppa Pig house, a pink unicorn to go with her Barbie Cinderella coach,Snow White characters as we're going to the panto of it just need a few stocking fillers now.
Poor little DS though, I'm getting him a musical bus from Argos as he's become obsessed with buses,but I really don't know what else. I keep looking about for ideas but he is just starting to play with loads of DD's toys now which he loves and it seems silly to get more of the same.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte's bike arrived today Very happy we have to hide it in the garage though lol, my hubby has to put it together too!

I wanted to get her a fisherprice digital camera (I think they are called kid tough) but I've just seen how much they are so I have to rethink that one lol. She is obsessed with taking pictures me and hubby keep finding random pics on our phones.

George I'm still totally stuck, he is obsessed with anything train or car related. Thing is, we have loads of Thomas stuff already, stuff we have picked up at bootsales and family have passed on.

mrsrolivermrsroliver
mini i.q have a fatastic range of fun books that are very different to what you usually find - Mt personal favourite was 'The woman that swallowed te fly' You not only get the book but a puppet wonan with lots of beanie style animals and the children can pop them into her mouth - She swallows all the animals and you can feel them in her tummy - The kids love it

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
This year me and my partner have decided not to go too mad as the last 2 xmas's Mia has had loads of prezzies off other people!

We are running out of things to buy for her Smile

We have bought her an art easel, Iggle Piggle thats sings and plays games, some Peppa pig playsets, and some new clothes,shoes,slippers, and jammies! We are going to get her a few more bits just small stuff, just not sure what really! Very happy

yummymummy21yummymummy21
- My blog
i dnt know wat i geting got to start soon Shocked

i go to the car boot alot all you got to do is clean them up abit (i get new 2) but they dnt know my mum did it for me and i got lodes of prez

but i get holly bratz and baby dolls

abbie baby dolls and dress up stuff

and my baby boy is due on christmass day so he have cloths and a couple of prez

catgirl_872catgirl_872
well its upsettin me and rich when ppl ask us if we are sorted for xmas cus we cant even afford to start Sad Face i wish i could go to a car boot sale but i dunno where any are plus i wouldnt have anyone to take me.richs brother just texted him to rub it in his face, he said "r u all set 4 xmas? we r nearly" Mad its like cheers for that xxx

angelmumangelmum
Well so far i have got Demi and Zoe fifi roller skates and a dog that you can walk on a lead, i have got Joshua a action man bike , a learning computer, i have got Evie her very first dolly with a small pushchair and also got her a 6 in 1 ride on with parent handel also got the kids a few craft bits and playdough set and a new trampoline for them to share, also got joshua a car's set that was from woolies it was a great bargin at £19.99 and also got him a bob the builder set and some magnetix Smile and tomorrow im going to go and buy the girls a scotter that folds away

mrsrolivermrsroliver

catgirl_872 said:
well its upsettin me and rich when ppl ask us if we are sorted for xmas cus we cant even afford to start Sad Face i wish i could go to a car boot sale but i dunno where any are plus i wouldnt have anyone to take me.richs brother just texted him to rub it in his face, he said "r u all set 4 xmas? we r nearly" Mad its like cheers for that xxx

There are some in Cardiff - Splott Market. You can get lots of new stuff there cheap too!

mrsrolivermrsroliver
I bought an easel which I thought was great so the boys can stand either side and paint, draw etc... They are terrible at the moment and always to play with the same thing so I thought this would be perfect unless they figt over what side they'll be using. Good thing is, it folds away so I can still keep things neat and tidy

MillieMooMillieMoo
I found a very clever website in the summer called The Gift List Company which enables you to make a wish list for your birthday, new baby or christmas etc., and add anything you like from anywhere you like. They invite your family and friends to look at your list of suggestions to save time, effort and money waisted on stuff that you pretend to love but really hate or only last a second. The best thing is it's free and my 8 and 4 year olds are hooked making their wish lists from the great toy section of their shopping directory for Christmas and I've been busy putting together my new baby list too becuase they also allow your family and friends to contribute towards expensive things and after 2 kids we need a new pram this time round. I'm hoping that the gradparents and austies and unclues will have first choice and we can buy whatever is left on their lists saving us a few pennies for the new baby!

catgirl_872catgirl_872

mrsroliver said:

catgirl_872 said:

There are some in Cardiff - Splott Market. You can get lots of new stuff there cheap too!

really awww i wish i could go but like i said my husband doesnt have a day off,his in college all week then works weekends Sad Face xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews