Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Dummys

EmmieEmmie
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
My bubs use a dummy but recently decided he doent want it anyway and refuse to have it when offered! Sounds like i dont have to wean him for the furture!

Who uses dummys? Confused

tiggytiggy
I do but Aly only gets hers when she going to sleep.

mitchmitch
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wouldnt be with out em tho at times
liams off his now jusrt jade has hers Very happy

AlexAlex Moderator
Joseph had one by 10mths he was only taking it at night. Then about 18-20mths I took it off him at night but was finding him with his whole hand in hos mouth so he got it back for a bit before the dummy fairy came and took it away for the babies and gave him an ambulance!!

mumof2mumof2
both my girls have one for sleep only although caitlin still uses hers as a comfort if shes really upset.i think there a godsend as lng as there not a permenant mouth accessory

sugarsugar Moderator
I hate them! I wont refuse a baby a dummy if they need one but i think its just one more thing to wean them off and stress over! DD never had one and never took one when she was offered!
I would only use a dummy is breast feeding and it was the only way to get them to not feed so often! ive got dummies for this bubs just in case as im going to try and breast feed!

EmmieEmmie
i dont like them either. but alex needed a comfort a one point, now he just spits it out Kiss

HayleyHayley
we use dummies for charlie and they can really help, but most the time he speaks it out n cries Teeth

nini84nini84
i use dummys for leah just for nightime thou my family abs hates them and always telling me there bad things but hey mothers know best and i'm her mum!

kerryann71kerryann71
ive got 4 children.

thomas when he was a baby did not like the dummy and never took to them.

edward took to dummys and he still loves them , edward just turned 4 , they are on there way out and so to be no more..

zoey 2 had a dummy for a few months , i think she was just copying off edward though..

felicity 1 does not and hates dummys , but she loves sucking on her tag thats attached to her bib.

all i can say is each to there own.. some children love dummys some don't..

i never wanted my children to ever want a dummy , but some children just like them..

see you from kerry..

ButtercupButtercup
Amy only ever had one for nighttimes and stopped taking it her self at 10 months and i was delighted. i`m so glad i never had to wean her of it as i have heard some horror stories about kids still getting them at nursery.

trogettetrogette
Sugar are you worried that your baby will want to feed 'too often' because you have other children to deal with? Most babies are designed to feed often, and because milk supply works on a feedback system they need to feed on cue so that your supply meets their needs. Are you in contact with any breastfeeding counsellors in your area? They're invaluable for information and support especially if you don't have much real-life contact with breastfeeding families.

Tried dd1 on a dummy when we were trying to get breastfeeding sorted out (long story, she was prem, SCBU didn't help at all, weird ideas about what babies are actually like...) but since then never bothered, why give something that can be lost when I have two perfectly good breasts permanently attached to me? LOL

FfionFfion
- My blog
when elise was born i gave her a dummy but she didnt like it but she sucked her thumb, and still does now (shes 3) when my son was born i didnt want him to have one but when he was in S.C.B.U the nurses gave him one as a comfort when prodding and pocking him with needls, now he wudnt be with out it! he has his dummy all the time! i take 2 out with me just in case!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews