Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

quitting for baby!

hipmommahipmomma
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
ok, so I'm pregnant as you know.

so now i have to stop smoking.

I made a totally firm decision to keep the baby last night. so as of today I'm going to be trying not to smoke at all. I have got through today so far without one but i am getting a bit fraught.

I know it will be a couple of weeks before i can go without any at all but i am doing the best i can!!!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Good luck hun, you can do it Thumbs Up b

hayley81hayley81

hipmomma said:
ok, so I'm pregnant as you know.

so now i have to stop smoking.

I made a totally firm decision to keep the baby last night. so as of today I'm going to be trying not to smoke at all. I have got through today so far without one but i am getting a bit fraught.

I know it will be a couple of weeks before i can go without any at all but i am doing the best i can!!!

Hey hun i gave up sept 05 so know exactly how ya feel, it is very hard but just put the craving to the bk of ya mind get yaself doing summin else instead even if it a pile of ironing to take ya mind off it. i didnt use anything when giving up either so had nowt to stop the cravings just like u prob are right now. but wish u all the luck hunu can do it . its all mind over matter

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
you can do it hun - like hayley said,try doing other things to keep your mind off it, my friend stopped smoking around 4months preg and what helped her through it was sucking lolly-pops! she said that it was more a case of boredem and having something to hold and in her mouth that tempted her! hence the lolly-pop! LOL!

youve got a baby to do this for hun and we know you WILL do it. Clapping

hipmommahipmomma
Thanks everyone. I know I can do it, I didnt smoke in either of my other pregnancies!

I am really feeling it at the moment. If you are up on my other threads, the boyfriend(if you could have called him that)...anyway.

Thinks I am making it up, to get back at him or something, I dont know what he thinks i need to get back at him for.

Anyway, so i'm off round to his tomorrow night to do another pregnancy test to prove I'm not just making it up!!!

Its actually funny!! LOL

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
aww hun! just laff it off at how pathetic hes being - like u said,ur 80% certain brendan is more likely to be the dad,and i cantbeleve ur having to proove it to him again! he needs to take this responsibility seriously.im sure he will come round - like i said in your other post hun,he f:angry:ked off back to his ex,hes got a cheek to say all this to you now!

this baby will be loved with or without the man hun - im sure you will give this baby the best life and the most love... while your there tonight hun,stick the test up is arse!!

hipmommahipmomma
LOL

I know, I should have walked away from what was a very dysfunctional relationship long ago ago, but hey ho i didnt and here we are. But what you have said is exactly what I keep saying to people. This child will have all the love in the world, with or without him.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews