Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

been to midwife 30 weeks

angelsmomangelsmom
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
since about 22/24 weeks ive had 2weekly blood pressue checks because of having pre eclampsia with casey. today was one of those checks so oh didnt get time off to come with me.

id had my bloods took at 28weeks at hospital so midwife today chased up results, stoopid hospital didnt ask for all the right tests, they only got blood counts not the anti bodies count like they sposed to.

so they had to take my blood, i dont give blood very well, i dont like needles and havent got very good veins. plus id had not breakfast.

we decided i should lie down just incase, first attempt went thro the vein, so they tried the butterfly needle in my hand but body shut down and wasnt giving anything up. i was barely consious. so we gave up.

oh is gettin time off for next app so we can try again.

on plus side blood pressures looking good, babys measuring at 32 weeks and hes head down, casey was breech.

jo-jojo-jo
Kiss Hi hun,im glad that your feeling well and your LO is in position my LO was breech and it was so uncomfortable.I cant believe they had to take your bloods again,i hope they get it first shot next time.good luck. xxxxx

glennyglenny
good to hear everything fine and baby is in a good position - i have total sympathy about the giving blood, i had to give blood alot during my pregnancy due to a blood disorder and my veins were always collapsing

not to worry you dont have too much longer to go Very happy

candgsmumcandgsmum
My veins are rubbish too hun, they always ended up having to get it out of the back of my hand Wink

Glad to hear baby in good position and everything else good Very happy

angelsmomangelsmom
she tried back of my hand on 2nd attempt but my veins just shut down and wouldnt give.

candgsmumcandgsmum
They used to send me out into the waiting room for 15 mins and then I would have to clench and un-clench my hand when the put the needle in until they could get blood out. I got told it was because I have low blood pressure

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews