Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

School Problems

TundaTunda
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
Hello

My son is dual heritage, and I am a single parent. My son is beginning to show a lack of interest in school. No matter what I say to him to try and encourage him to do better at his lessons it seems to be falling on deaf ears. My son has no contact with his father, and he has begun to ask questions. However because of the nature of my relationship with his father I am unable to answer alot of his questions. I am very concerned that he will start refusing to go to school, and start getting into trouble because he seems to be going though an unhappy period. Any suggestions!

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
Hi hun, how old is your son? Do they have any counseling provided through his school maybe? I'm in the US so I don't know about things like that over there. What kinds of issues is he having other than lack of interest... is he being made to feel bad about his heritage? sorry for all the questions, I'm sure you'll get some support here, but I'm just trying to understand more about the situation you're going through with him.... Kiss 's to you, I hope we can be of some help to you here Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews