Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Nursery cost

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 1 decade 9 months ago
Summer has just started school and Denis wont be going to play group until next year so I've got a year without having to pay fees Thumbs Up but I was wondering how much you all pay for your children's play group? I know places vary so much and it depends obviously how many hours/days they go each week and that also some are free. But I'm genuinely interested in seeing how much the costs vary and what the difference is between private run and state groups etc.

AlexAlex Moderator
Joseph was £3.50 a session (2 and a half hours) for playgroup and that included his snack, once he received a funded place he was £1 a week snack money. At nursery (state run) I am £1.20 a week for snack- he goes 5 sessions.

ChellChell
£14 for three hours or £24 for 5.5hours. Its set on a farm, staff ratios are high so that the children can spend time outdoors. Today they were blackberry picking in the fields. Its more expensive than others locally but the standard of care/experiences that the children have is amazing. There aren't many nurseries that take the children out on tractor rides, to feed the animals, have a forest school, etc.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte is in nursery, (state) and it doesn't cost and her milk and fruit are free. She only attends 5 afternoons a week until she starts full time school (reception), then I think we will have to pay for milk and provide own snacks and obviously provide packed lunch or pay for school lunch.

Neither of my LO's have attended private nurseries as while myself and DH are working they are looked after by my MIL.

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
hi iv registered charly already with my mums playgroup she can start when shes 3 or 2 i cant remember LOL but i will cost £5 a session including a drink and fruit so its not too bad about average i think nowadays LOL

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
Mia goes to a Surestart centre for her playgroup and it costs 3.50 for a session and each session last 2.5 hours, she also get a drink and snack aswell! pretty good price I think! she only goes once or twice a week and she hasnt been for ages Smile

kirstkirst
i pay £3 a hr for robert n he goes 9-1 so incluides lunch

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews