Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

housework obsession

RedRed
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
My hubby is obsessed with the house always being clean,, with 3 children its hard work. I clean up from top to bottom every other day but i tidy and hoover every single day..

the full clean up involves polishing hoovering and tidying every single room in the house, including bleaching toilets and drains. Hubby comes home and looks in every room to see if its done properly,, this really peeves me off. Hes been known to wipe a finger over the shelves,, last time he did it i threw an ornament at him...i missed.

the general tidy up is just a quick tidy away and hoover but kitchen gets done 3 times a day... once in morning, once after evening tea and then he makes sure its done at night before bed,,,

its very tedious and a lot of hard work,, he cant sit next to a pile of mess for ten minutes without having to sort it out.. when his mum was a lkive she tipped the kids toys all over the room and made him sit there.. he almost cried when she wouldnt let him move.. he was itching,, kept trying to edge towards the toys,, in the end he screamed that he had to tidy them away,, thats when we realised he had a problem.. she took him to doctors straight away & doctors diagnosed him with OCD..

some say its better than him being a slob that doesnt do anything,, but i wish they would try and live with him.. its not easy and most of our arguements are about housework...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SassySassy
- My blog
WoW Red! He has some issues with house work. I do not think you would be happier if he was a slob.

Your working very hard and not getting much credit for it, from what you posted.

With kids in the house you have to make room for toys and allow the family to relax and enjoy being at home.
Do you have the space to put together a playroom for the kids so he does not feel so bothered by the kids stuff.

With OCD (My DS12 has this among other things.) the accommodations made by families and loved ones happen everyday. We have had a great deal of luck with redirecting the complusiveness issuse in our home. Group therapy is also very helpful in treating OCD.
I wish you strength and luck in working out how to love your husband and live with his OCD too.

RedRed
some days are better than others,, if im not well or too tired he will get stuck in and do it for me... i sometimes pretend im not well just so he will do it.. and i dont feel guilty.. if he wants it top notch he can bloody well do it.

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Sad Face Must be hard if he is pulling down the work you are doing, i know lots would say its better than the other way round but must be so hard Kiss

ButtercupButtercup

Red said:
some days are better than others,, if im not well or too tired he will get stuck in and do it for me... i sometimes pretend im not well just so he will do it.. and i dont feel guilty.. if he wants it top notch he can bloody well do it.

i cant blame you for this. i must admit i do like a clean and tidy house but its not a complete obsession YET Embarassed

GTTkelGTTkel
For some strange reason I do loads of house work at the time of the month,I just get really into it. Who knows why Suspect

AlexAlex Moderator
you have it hard there Red. I cant imagine how hard it is to life with someone with OCD.You are doing a fab job

FfionFfion
- My blog
im a bit obsest with cleaning Cuckoo

everyday b4 i take elise to school i brush the kitchen floor and do the pots, when i come back ill put washing away, thern hover n dust down stairs, then when elise comes bcak from school ill do upstairs, i bleach the loos everynight!

i know what your all thinking .......cuckoo cuckoo! and yes i think i am heehee

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews