Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

would u or wouldnt you

hayley81hayley81
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
OK might think i am mad now but....i have had really bad morning sickness with this preg.and my midwife told me on my 1st appt with her that if i get to bad see gp, i got to the point i was @ my whits end i was keeping nothing down not even a drink i looked pale drawn and ill felt ill too, so went to see my gp who gave me, wait for it GAVISCON!!!!! dont know what he expects me to do with that as i have absoluty no heart burn what so ever,so was basically fobbed off there, so i went to a herbalist i was given a homeopathic remedy they say is totally safe to use in preg, but me being me panicked and thought better ring my midwife b4 i take it.... so rang the community midwife office (only contact number i have for a midwife)and after trying for hours to get through finally did explained what i wanted advise on only to be told ohh i am sorry i am not a midwife u will have to go bk and see ur gp!!! i am so cross,seems like i am being left to suffer it, i am lucky yesterday i amnaged to eat and today i have eaten a neutrograin bar so far so good but if it was to return would u take the herbal remedies??? or not??? soz this post is long but needed some info coz i dont seen to be getting anywhere with the medical peoples that should help ya.

JOJOJOJO
have you tried to google the remedy you have to find out,when I went to the doctor with the same problem they give me anti sickness tablets but they didnt work,have you tried ginger beer as I foung this helped me,wouldnt worry to much about not eating much in the early stages as baby doesnt really need it,as long as you drink some fluids and eat little you should be fine,really dont think anything really works to cure morning sickness,also have you tried the travel sickness bands that you put on your wrists

ButtercupButtercup
i suffered bad morning sicness for the whole time of my pregnancy and have tried every remedy suggested to me.

I took homoepathic,anti-sicknees tablets from my GP, anti sickness bands and all the old wives remedies as well.I even went for accupuncture and found that it helped reduce the vomiting to 6-7 times a day from 30 Embarassed

If it was a proper herbalist you went to i would try the pills but maybe i would check up with a qualified homeopathic practitioner first Very happy

Good luck i hope you get something to work for you. How far into your pregnancy are you now?

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i had what is called hyperemisis gravidium which is basically really bad morning sickness that lead to dehydration i had to go into hospital and have drips and everything so i can relate to how u feel babe and i hope it doesnt get that far for u
i found this can be triggered by your diet mine was dairy everytims i had something with a dairy product in it i threw it right back maybe this could be your problem hunni try and see what u eat triggers it but dont think like well a bag of chrisps does try and see what is in the food not just the food if u get me there might be something in them all that makes u sick like a egg so stay away from every thing that has a egg in it and see if that works
lik me though if u find its things like dairy remember to find calcium for ur baby from some where else vegatables are a good form
and u will prob have to do this for the remainder of ur preg babe as it doesnt go away until baby is born
good luck babe with the rest of ur preg and hope u get it sorted or under control soon
thinking of u
xxx

hayley81hayley81
thank you for your replies:) luckily last 2 days i havent been so bad did throw up once yesterday but apart from that it seems to be clearing ***praying hard ***i havent taken any pills yet as i havent needed too, im am actually starting to look normal again the blackness is going from under my eyes and i can now keep down some fluids too. heres to hopeing things r gonna start lookng up, once again ty all

bunnigirlbunnigirl
glad things are settleing babe hope u have a great pregnancy from now on hunni
xxx

lilysmumlilysmum
Poor you! It sounds like you're having an awful time. You could try taking a natural ginger supplement - I always used to take them to take away nausea for travel sickness and totally relied on them throughout my pregnancy. Good luck. x

mum2ciaranmum2ciaran
i was the same as you couldent keep nothing down with both my kids what worked for me was travel sick bands they are fantastic for morning sickness xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews