Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Diastasis Symphysis Pubis

JOJOJOJO
posted 1 decade 5 months ago
has anyone got this?

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i was checked for this but i didnt have it.all through my pregnancy i had what i can only described as stabbing pains right at the tip of my pelvis and id get 10000x worse then stitch constantly in my left groin,it got to the point once where i was walkin home from town one sunny afternoon and i almost collapsed with the pain! i sat on a wall and called DP as he worked in town and he ran across the road to me! i had numerous checks for this but nothing came of it,my midwife just put it down to pressure of ethan and my pelvis widening ready for him.
have you been diagnosed with it? i did alot of research on it when i thought that i could have it and it can cause alot of problems but can also be resolved pretty well too x

bunnigirlbunnigirl
oh yea i had this alright and it was agony
i ended up on crutches which i still have to use regular as my back still kills even as i am sat here now i am in great pain
my back and pelvis still hasnt healed and they want to fuse my back together but apparently that could make matters worse so i dont no what to do

y u asking babe do u have this
xxx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

JOJO said:
has anyone got this?

I've never heard of it... I hope you don't have it, from the other responses it doesn't sound like a good thing Shocked

JOJOJOJO
wemt to doctors today as I have been in pain since having conrad,he is now 5 months and am still in pain with my pelvis,doctor just gave me painkillers and told me there is nothing they can do?

candgsmumcandgsmum
My Aunt had very serious Symphysis pubis while pregnant. She was practically wheelchair bound or most of her pregnancy and induced 3 weeks early because she was in so much pain.

She still has a few problems now, but she was sent for physio and that helped her alot, I think she still may go even now and her son is about 18 months.

Maybe you should get a second opinion hun? Hope you manage to get yourself sorted soon and you begin to feel a little better x

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

JOJO said:
wemt to doctors today as I have been in pain since having conrad,he is now 5 months and am still in pain with my pelvis,doctor just gave me painkillers and told me there is nothing they can do?

I agree with Sarah, think I would get a second opinion, especially if some type of physical therepy (is that what physio is?) could help. I have bad lower back problems so I feel for you... I hope you can get to a point where you're not in so much pain JO!

JOJOJOJO
will give it another 6 months as this is what doctor recommended,as he said it should improve with the painkillers as well,if things dont get better I will go back for a second opion,thanks girls dont even know if I have this I am just so sore some days and find it hard to walk long distances,

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews