Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Marc and I have broken up....

angelbabyangelbaby
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
Apart from the racist statement which I agree is totally unacceptable, I cannot believe he suggested you could wait 2 years until his daughter goes to college and then maybe the relationship could be back on- what??????!!!!!

As if you have nothing better to do with your life than wait indefinately for him, then maybe, just maybe in 2 years his daughter may give him permission to see you! Thats totally out of order and how confusing would that be for your daughter?!! I think he is burying his head in the sand if he thinks that once she's gone to college everything will be rosy - if she's jealous, she's going to remain jealous (she'll just be jealous on campus instead of at home!!)and what about non-term time when she's back home- things will just go back to how they are now. She'll only be ok with her dad dating once she emotionally matures a bit and feels secure within herself (which could take years). You deserve better than a "maybe", everyone does!

Chin up Hon...it sounds as if you're a strong person but please don't stop believing in happy endings... Kiss

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
I agree with you, you can both be happy with out a guy in your life. Shame to hear about her dad and nan. She will appreciate everything you are doing in the future and now, they don't always show it. Your a strong woman and a lovely person and there is a perfect guy out there for you.

hapydazyhapydazy
Yep, that's what he thinks I guess... we're not really speaking very much at the moment... but basically it boils down to us moving out, marc and I staying in a relationship and then a couple years down the road we move back in again... not happening... I won't bounce Aaralyn around like that, no way!

And Kelly, you are right, we don't need a man in our lives to make us happy, Aaralyn and I can manage making ourselves happy just the 2 of us Very happy ...

I hope this doesn't end with us being so bitter with each other but I think that's the direction it's going... I don't think he expected me to end our relationship over this, but I'm not in this to wait till his daughter says it's ok.... I'm at a major cross roads in my life right now, and I am just letting go of negativity and trying my best to just have some positive in our life now.... ironic thing is, one of the things that is bothering Marc is that she is spending so little time with him and so much time with her boyfriend... but it's ok if she has another "man" in her life, he just can't be shared that's all Tounge Out

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hey Tammy, I'm really sad to hear you and Marc have split up. TBH I'm really shocked, I thought you were getting along great, sending you and Aaralyn loads of hugs Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

I don't blame you for not waiting around, you have made the right choice in my opinion. Brandi seems a very immature girl for 17. I also wondered whether she is also jealous of Aaralyn? Maybe she thinks Marc will replace her with Aaralyn and she doesn't like it.

Marc will probably realise what he's lost when it is too late, I can see why he wants to keep seeing Brandi, she is his daughter after all, but she is running rings around him, and I'll bet she knows it too. He needs to learn to stand up to her.

As for Aaralyn's dad, what an idiot! What is an extra bit of time and money compared to seeing your own daughter? Huh, MEN!

Hope you are keeping positive, everything will turn out right in the end, like you said it's just the 2 of you now but as long as you are happy, that is more important than anything else.

hapydazyhapydazy
thanks Sarah, maybe down the road things will work out for us, but I'm not waiting around that's for sure! and I won't move back in here after I move out, he'll have to come to us.... just posted a horrendous picture of myself LOL, go check it out for a good laugh! Crazy

jo-jojo-jo
Kiss Hey Tammy,im so sorry about you and Marc if you need to vent, chat, cry what ever pm me hun everything everyone has said here is so valid and true just remember you are a great mum a great person and a fantastic friend and DONT FORGET IT!!!!! Kiss

P.S.i saw your pic before i read this post and i think you still look great even with x-tream puffyness xxx lol Kiss

hapydazyhapydazy

jo-jo said:
Kiss Hey Tammy,im so sorry about you and Marc if you need to vent, chat, cry what ever pm me hun everything everyone has said here is so valid and true just remember you are a great mum a great person and a fantastic friend and DONT FORGET IT!!!!! Kiss

P.S.i saw your pic before i read this post and i think you still look great even with x-tream puffyness xxx lol Kiss

Thank you jo jo hun! It's soooooo awkward around here right now! I'm just trying to look forward to the next phase of my life. Had a long talk with a male single friend last night on the phone who is the custodial father of a 16 year old girl... He gave me a good perspective of things, but unfortunately I don't think it has changed my mind about my decision.

Thanks again for all the support guys, it has helped more than you might know Smile

pinknfluffypinknfluffy
awwwwwwwwwwwww big hugs hun Kiss

in past posts it sounded like you were getting somewhere with his daughter and you were so happy!!!

i am step mother to 2 boys luckily they are still young (7&9) but i do think Marc is making a rod for his own back letting his teenage daughter dictate her rules to him - if it were me i would say you take me, my partner and her daughter as a package, which means 3 times as much love, support, fun and friendship.

but well done for not settling for the back burner and for wanting more committment and stability for you and your gorgeous girl.

you will find someone who accepts you and aaralyn for the fab people you and and they will realise they got the best deal ever!!!!

be strong and keep smiling

esther xxx

BedheadBedhead
Hi Tammy, I've only just replaced my laptop so I have only just seen this but I just wanted to say that I know you will find a way to do what is best for you and Aaralyn. I'm really sorry that things aren't working out how you hoped but chin up hunny, sending big hugs for you both Kiss Kerry

hapydazyhapydazy
Thanks girls... the awkwardness has settled around here, we've agreed to be friends, since we do still love and care about eachother.

I also spoke to a fellow employee in training with me today and he has a friend that has several rental properties so he's going to check with him and see if he has any apartments available... he seemed pretty confidant that his friend would have something available and the guy has no issues with pets which is awesome!! Keep ya fingers crossed, maybe I'll have good news about that by this week Very happy

Thank you Pinknfluffy for your insight as a step parent... I haven't given up all hope that maybe there's a chance for us, but as long as she is being the way she is, then I am sticking with my decision. I just want to give it to her for putting her father through what she is right now... he's unhappy because of he and I's situation and to top it off she is still not speaking to him right now.... She's in for a rude awakening when she really gets out in the real world to fend for herself, then maybe she'll realize the error of her ways Suspect

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
Thats cool about the apartment hope you do get something!!Good to hear your staying friends

Yes she will get hit hard it when real world hopefully it is soon. Kiss

hapydazyhapydazy
Thanks sweety! Smile

bunnigirlbunnigirl
aww hun only just read this
thinking of u babe
i am here id u need me
xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search