Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Advice!!

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
Me and Caitlins dad decided that if Caitlin has Xmas down here she'll go to her dads for her birthday. Her birthday is in January, so thought this was fair. Its her turn to go up for xmas this year as she stayed here for xmas last year. My BF said it would be good for a break as I keep getting stressed out alot atm. I don't know if I want her going up there without me as shes only been once up there without me and I hated it. Shes 3 in January and not sure if she should be parted from me for about 5-7 days. What do you think I should do??

kelkel
i no its not nice when the kids go away for us but think of how nice it will be for her to spend that quality time with her daddy Very happy

ellee1984ellee1984
my daughter goes to her dads for 7-10 days every month as we live 160 miles apart and the first few times i hated it but now i like the break and then when she comes back i like it cos shes so happy to see me and its really nice, its hard hun we not even discussed what going to happen over xmas cos i dont know if i could bear to be apart from her at christmas. if want to chat about it feel free to msg me

bunnigirlbunnigirl
ok here is how we do it my girls b day is boxing day lol yeah i no but anyway i have christmas day with them all and then they go to their dads xmas day night and have thier bday with him i have done this since they was born well the last one lol and we split but its something u will get used to and i no i live closer to my girls dad than u but think of her having fun and u will get used to it babe
good luck with what ever u decide
xxx

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
Cheers, well if I do let her go up, he is always working and he's mum will prob look after so I'm gonna have to get him to try and book time off. Guess it will be good for her and me. I just hope he puts the effort in when she is up there, cause he never gets up for her and barely plays with her, he'll know what I gotta do everyday lol.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Make a deal with him hun, get him to take the time off and spend time with his LO otherwise, say there doesn't seem much point in her going up to spend xmas with him, if he is going to be working most of it. Then you know she will be getting the most out of her time up there. It will probably make you feel a little better about the situation knowing she is spending quality time with her dad, rather than jut being away from you if you see what I mean x

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
Yea thats a good idea. I'll have to text him and sort something out.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews