Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

how much on food shopping?

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
how much on average do you spend on food shopping in a week? i usually go for one big shop in asda and spend about £80-£100 for the 4 of us and still have to pop out for extras

staceyj18staceyj18
wow thats alot!! I spend about £40 thats without nappies/wipes and baby dinners so around about £55 all together. I shop at morrisons. Smile

lil_angellil_angel
I usually do a big shop once a month which can cost anything up to £180 and then I'm still usually about 40 - 50 a week topping up on pet food, yogurts, cold meat etc for packed lunches, bread, milk and that Cuckoo

RedRed
Theres 5 of us and we spend £120 at the most but its usually around £100 or £110

gemmagemma
i shop once a week and i'd say average about £75, then top up and meat else where so another £10!

Got that adds uo dons't it about £350 a month Shocked on the 4 of us. I do have 2 little pigs though

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
For four of us we spend about £70 a week but £10 of that is dog food.

EmmieEmmie
i spend £90 to last the fortnight- 3 of us Smile

BeckyBecky
...About £70 "big shop" to last 2/3 weeks between me and Rob, but then I always get distracted by the clothes section in Asda, so I usually have a few additions of my own to the trolley!

mumsy1mumsy1
i usually spend about 100-150 Shocked on a big shop each week but like someone else said still have to pop in for lil extras aswell just to top up Tounge Out - and i shop in asda who r meant to b one of the cheaper supermarkets Suspect

mitchmitch

mumsy1 said:
i usually spend about 100-150 Shocked on a big shop each week but like someone else said still have to pop in for lil extras aswell just to top up Tounge Out - and i shop in asda who r meant to b one of the cheaper supermarkets Suspect

exactly my point we used to do a big shop every 6 weeks lol and spend £180 Tounge Out but wehave nt done a big shop since last summer heehee
ive just been spending about 40,0o a week in morrisons but when they have got there offers on on things for a quid then i double on things lol,,the offers this week are good birds eye selection a quid Wink
ive been tryin to buy cheaper brands lol but lee wont have the morrisons beans lol other things aint to bad
think i may pay a visit to lidl or netto,s but sayin that i dont find netto as cheap as it used to be Mad

BeckyBecky
Lidl is great for some stuff, Rob and I get our lunch from there most days, and they often do fruit and vegetables half price! Apples are like 8p each! As I said in another post, we caught our local fruit & veg market stall seller buying his produce in Lidl, so it can't be bad!!

FfionFfion
- My blog
i spent about £70 a week, i go to lidl and its brill, lol, then if i need bits and bobs ill go to the co op!

i get nappies wipes and baby food, once a month when i get my child maitance! that comes up to £60

WitchyPooWitchyPoo
we spend between £80 to £110 a week for the five of us, depending on what we eat, and if there are any good books or DVDs out LOL

sugarsugar Moderator
We do a big shop at about £90 for the month at Asdas then we top up on things like bread and milk every so often - which cant be helped really as our 4pt of semi and 4pt of full fat is used within 2 days here! And bread is used loads as me, DF and DD like toast and sandwiches quite a bit - freezer stuff tends to last the month and tins. We get fruit ever other week as well as yoghurts but i always get youghurts on offer (biggest pack at cheapest value works best as DD eats loads!)

kerryann71kerryann71
we spend from £80-£100 per week. for us 6 inc nappies and baby wipes.

we do tesco/aldi/asda/icelands/lidl.

see you from kerry..

ButtercupButtercup
£80 for us in asda then there is still cleaning stuff from poundland and butcher meat as well Embarassed

we spend a fortune considering there is only the three of us but both Brian and myself are very fussy eaters Embarassed

hipmommahipmomma
£50 for a monthly shop then about £10 a week on top of that.

mumof2mumof2
after reading these replies i decided i was spending way too much.added up exactly how much i spent on shopping last week (supermarket & local shops) over the seven days Shocked £127.63 ! that was just for the essential cleaning products,food,nappies & wipes for caitlin extra bread & milk and 2 kids mags. so today i went to morrisons then iceland up the road got a weeks shopping and had change from £50 Very happy i feel rich! i thought asda was the cheapest supermarket around Suspect how wrong can you be lol

GTTkelGTTkel
About £60 per week at Tesco including nappies,formula,cleaning stuff; then top up bread and MIL in the week.

CrazymamaCrazymama
We spend 40-50 a week we shop either at asda or morrisons

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews