Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

swimming lessons?

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
anyone know at what age kids can start proper swimming lessons? cara loves to splash around in the pool but has now started to ask when she can swim properly like mummy at 2(3 in may) do you think shes still a bit young?

AlexAlex Moderator
You would have to check with your local pool. ours to them from 4years but you have to go in from 5 they go in themselves

trogettetrogette
Check out baby swimming classes, many run toddler classes too. And I think it's a good thing if the teacher is in the pool too, I took my eldest to 'intensive' swimming classes for a week when she was 8 and the teacher just did way too much shouting cos she wasn't in the pool at the children's level.

And no I don't think she's too young, been taking dd4 since she was 7mo, with a break when we couldn't go cos I broke my foot! I'm sure if she wasn't so chunky she'd be away, as it is she's just too heavy to move herself through the water, but she's getting there. She's 2 and 2m.

sugarsugar Moderator
We're going to start taking Lottie swimming lessons after i have had bubs and he's safe to go swimming. I dont know what age they take them from though will have to look itno that but she will be 4 just after he's born!

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Age 3 months to 3 years is the first and you have to get in the water with them.

after that the next one up is age 3 but they will make sure that they are happy to be in the water Smile

My DD started doing hers when she was 4 she loves going now Love

mitchmitch
i carnt swim Crying Sad Face Confused so carnt take my kiddies

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews