Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Do you read bedtime stories?

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
we do every night although cara is now more interested in telling the story to us herself bless her and caitlin gets bored and says nite mummy before the second page because shes not allowed to chew the book

sugarsugar Moderator
Yeah DD gets a story every night - usually DF that tells her it as he knows her fav book off by heart!

staceyj18staceyj18
I usually read finley a short story. He's 11 months so not really botherd about listening but i want it to be part of his routine and calm him down before bed Very happy

mitchmitch
nope i dont lol

AlexAlex Moderator
We always have a story- either from book or I tell him a fairy tale (red riding hood, 3 bears etc) And then we sing twinkle twinkle!

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Smile I read a bedtime story nearly everynight, if DH takes them to bed he will make a story up Eloise loves her Daday storys Very happy

GTTkelGTTkel
I read a story every night and let DD choose which she wants. When DS was first born no matter how crazy the day was I still made sure DD got her story so we could sit down and have a cuddle at the end of each day Love

BeckyBecky
Love I used to love having my bedtime story when I was little I had a big book which had a story for each day of the year, it was great!

jellybeanjellybean
Yes i read to Cem everynight. i always have. When he was a baby i would just read a page or two as i thought it would help him get into a routin and help him understand it was sleep time.
But he only ever gets one book , no matterhow short the story becouse if i read 2 books then he does not understand why he can't have 3 or 4. He understands and is happy with just one

kerryann71kerryann71
yes we read storys to our 4 even my eldest thomas and he is 11 years old , thomas does suffer from autism and reading at night to thomas relax's him and puts him to sleep.. edward and zoey have a story every night they goto bed 7.00pm , thomas goes to bed at 9.00pm.. felcity we have not started to read at night to her yet but we will be starting soon felicitys 15 months old.

there is one book of edwards the little red run away train which used to be thomas's when he was little , edward just loves that book , every night he wants it read , my husband knows the words almost word for word.. zoey loves her winnie the pooh books. also zoey loves thomas the tank engine books as well.

reading to children its excellent it winds them down and relax's them..

see you from kerry..

Claire75Claire75
We read books all day but we do have quiet time before bed which is usually a book on the sofa. I think when she's a bit older and older I would love to get into the reading a bedtime story routine! and then naybe I could read some of the childrens books i missed out on the first time around!

ButtercupButtercup
daddy does bedtime stories during the week and i make my own up when i do bedtimes at weekends Very happy

WitchyPooWitchyPoo
I usually read harry potter to them, a couple of chapters a night......cos i love harry potter as much as they do LOL

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews