Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Who's made this mistake before??

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Do any of you ever tell your kids ahead of time about an upcoming exciting event and then regret it later? Aaralyn has known for about a week now that my bestfriend's son's birthday party is this sunday. She has been driving me nuts all week asking me "is it sunday yet?", "is today the day we go to the boy's birthday party?", "how many more days till the boy's party", "mommy, what day is today?", "mommy can we just tell them to have the party today?"......ect...

So, did you find that as annoying as I have? LOL Cuckoo Crazy Razz

I love her dearly but I must remember to not tell about exciting things until the day of (but then I can't use it as bribery to get her to be a good listener Confused Wink )

Do others share this problem with me?

angelmumangelmum
Oh yes Demi once asked me everyday for a hole week is it our holiday yet what day is it and all the rest drove me crazy but i still end up opening my mouth and have the questions Cuckoo Crazy

bunnigirlbunnigirl
yep my daughter favourite saying is how many sleep till such and such mummy it drives me insane lol
xxx

HayleyHayley
god yes lol my 2 are the same so i try not to tell them weeks in advance so now i tell the on the day to aviod all qs LMAO!

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
omg yes lolol. weve learnt never to tell catherine anything till we leave to go lolol. shes a nightmare Crazy

hapydazyhapydazy
LOL at the responses, I see mine isn't the only one. I just got off the phone with my friend Karyn and Aaralyn said was that Auntie Karyn telling us to come over now for the party LOL!! all day, she's been drivin' me nuts with this Cuckoo

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
hehehehehehehe bless her. i made the mistake of telling catherine that mum was coming to stay and for a week it was a constant 'is grandma coming now?' arrrggghhhhhhhhh lol

mitchmitch
yes yes oh yes i have learned now, i dont really tell them till its just about to happen,,,
like aimee on a mornin when we get up she goes,
" so mummy whats the plans today!" shes only 4 Cuckoo
she goes " first we have some breakfast, then you wah up and clean up get us some cloths but then are you getitng a shower or jus getting washed,are you doing make up today. you dont need to becuse you look very beautiful anyways. Love so were we going today mammy " ! lol

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews