Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Saving accounts for children

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
I want to open Caitlin one, I've looked at Lloyd's TSB and Britannia. Is there one that anyone recommends?? Or any good feedback about the two I've looked at?

Thanks

moved to money zone. feel it is better in here hun. Alex

AlexAlex Moderator
is it her money from the Government or another account you want hun?

GTTkelGTTkel
I've not really compared banks but we have our little'uns savings at Halifax and Trust fund savings too.

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
Thanks for moving it weren't sure where to put it.

Her CTF is with halifax but its a shares one or something. So just be a normal saving account

AlexAlex Moderator
dont think it really matters then. Joseph has a standard bank account with the royal Bank of Scotland and his God father set up a trust fund with royal Sun alliance.

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
Mia has both her CTF account and just a normal saving account with Halifax! Her CTF account is a shares one which I wasnt too keen on but I got her yearly statement though a while back and at that time her money had gone up from £250 to £570 or summin like that anyways hehe! hoping it doenst go back down again but am sure at some point it will hehe!

mrsrolivermrsroliver
posted 1 decade 11 months ago
I opened a Halifax account for my two son's and find they are performing very well. The interest rates were a whole 1% better than other leading banks

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
Ethan hasgot both a Savings Account and his CTF with Brittania - with the savings account he doesnt get nothing taken out just interest added on every so often, i can add whatever to it whenever i want bt only he can access it - and this cant be done til he is old enough to understand and to sign for it (but im thinkin of keeping it quite till hes about 16-18) so far all birthday/christening/easter/xmas pennies have gone into it and we put £20 a month in it aswel.
as for his CTF - again this is a non-taxed one (we can add to it aswel but he cant have anymore than a grand a yr in it (hence why we opened a seperate account).again he builds interest on this.iv found brittania pretty good - although they do change there offers too often so the deals i got may not be on anymore - ethan also got a free 'make it urself' moneybox (wen my mate did it the charges and interest were different and she didnt get the moneybox-she got a plate and mug). another great thing about Brittania is that Ethans savings account is a 'stoke city FC' account (our local team and who Brittania sponsers) not only is his savings book a stoke city leather wallet thing - we get discounts in the team shop aswel as money off tickets!! i think thats just a Stoke-on-Trent thing tho.

kelkel
we opened savings accounts for the kids with halifax. been good so far Thumbs Up

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews