Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Going to karate

angelmumangelmum
posted 1 decade 10 months ago
Demi and Zoe are joining a local karate club Smile
the man has just came out to talk it all threw with us, the club is called GO-KAN-RYU KARATE-DO it is the largest karate organisation in the world witch has the oldest member of 83 year old LMAO Shocked for them to join it is £25 each for 4 months introduction training and if there reach there yellow belt (1st ranking ) in the first 3 months they get there gold membership for free witch is normally £80 Thumbs Up and for each lesson it is £5 each they go once a week every saturday and it will be an hour and a half lesson Smile it's a shame Joshua cant go has the minimum age is 5 years old but im sure i can find something to do with Joshua every saturday Smile

karicia0714karicia0714
Careful with the sign up on your karate sign up. alot of this agencies trick you. it happend to me they told me i was getting a discount like the one you mention next thing you know i was getting charge alot more and without me knowing what the form was i signed it was a 2yr contract without me even knowing.
I was really scammed and my son did not like it cause all he did was sit ups push ups and jumping jacks for 2 mths and 1 wk later after i signed him up they were already calling me to pay for his next belt saying he was ready wich was like $50 for every belt. I was so mad. I got stuck with my bill in collections cause i was not going to pay them for my son not going to a class that he did not see any outcome from.

RichRich Moderator
That seems awfully expensive to me and as a martial artist myself, have never heard them before. Our Judo club only charges £1.50 for 2 hours training, and £19.50 a year for membership and associasion fees. I would shop around to be honest, as that is a very high rate to pay for kids to do a sport, very high indeed. Be careful, people appear friendly to get the membership cash from you, then it all changes once they have you. Be warned.

angelmumangelmum
I thought it was ok because i have not really looked around from your prices Rich seem's that there are expensive Confused they came door to door getting new members so should i not agree to anything and look around im not sure now Confused the guy is coming out next week for the singing up fee and to sign papers now i dont know what to do Confused

RichRich Moderator
Never feel oblidged to sign anything, if you sign anything, you are bound to it, so I would have a good hard think about it hun, personally, I would'nt pay that much and I certainly would'nt sign up to anything. You can always contact him and tell him you are undecided, if the club is half decent as they say they are, it won't be an issue, if they get crappy about it, you know it was a lucky escape. They may well be on the level, but signing things is a risky business. Please be careful about this, and read any small print if you decide to go ahead with things. But I would seriously have a window shop with other clubs hunny.

angelmumangelmum

Rich said:
Never feel oblidged to sign anything, if you sign anything, you are bound to it, so I would have a good hard think about it hun, personally, I would'nt pay that much and I certainly would'nt sign up to anything. You can always contact him and tell him you are undecided, if the club is half decent as they say they are, it won't be an issue, if they get crappy about it, you know it was a lucky escape. They may well be on the level, but signing things is a risky business. Please be careful about this, and read any small print if you decide to go ahead with things. But I would seriously have a window shop with other clubs hunny.
Thanks Rich im going to have a chat to other half see what he think's and have a good hard think about this Smile

GTTkelGTTkel
My friend had someone come to her door a few months ago about Karate (not sure if it was the same company) but she signed up and they told her she had certain entitlements to the classes with a certain time span etc and when it came down to it she went to 3 classes then there was some kind of problem but she'd already paid in advance and didn't get a refund.

mitchmitch
my uncle is a karate instructor i have spoken to him about your post donna and he has said they carnt be the largest company in the worlld if he aint heard of them? he said these are ridiculous prices so most likley is a scam

jo-jojo-jo
HI i just thought id let you know GKR are well known in Australia.My sister and myself did Karate with Go-Kan Ryu for years.We also joined by them knocking on our door.I cant recall how much we payed as it was 15 years ago Shocked . LOL

angelmumangelmum
They do have a website Shrug

RichRich Moderator
Alot of places do, it's not a mark of quality though.

jade-leighjade-leigh
i wouuld ask if u could take kids along to see if they like it before u sign ......any large respectable company would say yes....haven't been there with karate but have with ....dancing/ballet/and kick boxing my 2 hated them all just wanted too cause there friends from school were going ......how much would i have paid out for that ???

jade-leighjade-leigh
my 2 have settled for swimming at the moment....nattering for trampolinging now might go for that >>>but will try first as i got one in garden so needs to be specials jumps that they can do safe

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews