Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

do you or did you

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
have your children in your bed? we did with cara almost from the start as she would never settle in her moses basket or cot.worked for us then but became a nightmare when it came to getting her into her own big bed its only recently that she will fall asleep in her own bed and still comes through to us during the night as she hates being on her own

sugarsugar Moderator
NO NEVER! I'm dead against it!
Apart from the fact it can increase the risk of cot death - it also becomes a nightmare when u need to get them in their own bed and to settle without you there!
DD went itno ther moses basket adn was left til she got use dto it then went into her cot and was fine as soon as she went into big bed had no probs she doesnt even need a teddy to sleep!

HayleyHayley
nope, coz i couldnt be havin them in my bed at 5 yrs old, thats 1 thing we never wanted so they have always had their own bed! Very happy

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Smile Yes i did with both of mine, not all the time but a few times if they wouldn't settle I needed my sleep and would have done anything Suspect

Now they sometimes get in if they wake up through night or are ill Smile

AlexAlex Moderator
Only when he is unwell (thats what We were allowed as children)

jellybeanjellybean
No, Cem has never slept in our bed or even been in our bed awake.
If he is ill i sleep on a matres in his room so that he stays in his cot. I did this when he was first born. For his first 5 months he slept in his cot and i slept in his room. This meant that he got used to being in his own room from the start. It also meant that John got a good night sleep each night. So at least one of us was functioning during the day. In return he did most of the cooking and cleaning.

gemmagemma
with our first daughter we stuck to keeping her either in her mosses basket next to the bed and then in her own room and cot from about 4 months. She's now a great sleeper and we just tuck her in bed and leave her to it Very happy

Abigail was a different story, due to having a baby sleeping in next room and not being able to catch up on sleep during the day she ended up in bed with us for the first few months, gradually progressing to the moses basket and then the cot in her(and katies) room. She's better now but still a lot harder to settle than katie.

I wish we could have got her to settle on her own from early on but it just wasn't practical for us. I think they are all different too.

Apparently we are one of the few countries where co-sleeping isn't the norm!

Gemma

lil_angellil_angel
Kieran we never had in bed with us when he was a baby, he was always in his moses basket and then eventually cot. But when he went into his bed (which was when he was 18 mths) he started sneaking in beside us during the night. If I noticed him he was lifted and taken back thru but if it was James he just left him. The majority of the time it'd be me and eventually he gave up or grew out of it one of the two.

Lauryn was always in her moses basket which was in our room and then she got moved to her cot in Kierans room. Even when she was moved into a bed she's never been one to come into our bed at all, once she's out she's out cold til the morning Wink

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews