Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Do you leave the heating on all night?

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
now that it is really cold, or do you turn it off, I have to say that I leave it onbut turn it down.


BeckyBecky
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I turn ours off, but only becaues it's usually on full blast in the evening and it often actually gets too warm which makes me get rather hot and bothered! I've noticed my skin being a lot drier and a little itchy on my legs since we've had the central heating on a lot - I'm sure they're related. Mad

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Shocked No would cost way too much money!
I do same as Becky have it on full before bed.

HayleyHayley
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
yes we have coz its been so cold coz charlie is in our room , but i must say, i get up at 3 to turn it off coz its gets so hot

sugarsugar Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
No, ours is on a timer - it goes off about 10-10:30pm but our flat gets very warm!

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I have a coal fire that heats my house at the moment Sad Face Getting gas soon.

When it is very cold I have left my fire on. But when I get my gas it will go off about 10pm and come back on at 6.30. I dont like it too hot at night (im sleeping with my window open just now!!)

SassySassy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
- My blog
Our furnace is on a thermostat if the house gets cold it kicks on all on its own and shuts down again when the house is warm enough.

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

alex said:
I have a coal fire that heats my house at the moment Sad Face Getting gas soon.

When it is very cold I have left my fire on. But when I get my gas it will go off about 10pm and come back on at 6.30. I dont like it too hot at night (im sleeping with my window open just now!!)


oh id love a coal fire really warm and cosy to sit infront of in the winter

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

mumof2 said:

alex said:
I have a coal fire that heats my house at the moment Sad Face Getting gas soon.

When it is very cold I have left my fire on. But when I get my gas it will go off about 10pm and come back on at 6.30. I dont like it too hot at night (im sleeping with my window open just now!!)


oh id love a coal fire really warm and cosy to sit infront of in the winter


I love my fire when its on and buckets are filled! its great when the fire is roaring up the lum and its blowing a scottish gale outside and the snow is falling!!! Only thing is it is £8 a bag and I burn about 5 bags a fortnight. £80 a month is a lot of money Sad Face

If I could keep my fire when the council put in the gas I would but im not allowed!

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

alex said:

mumof2 said:

alex said:
I have a coal fire that heats my house at the moment Sad Face Getting gas soon.

When it is very cold I have left my fire on. But when I get my gas it will go off about 10pm and come back on at 6.30. I dont like it too hot at night (im sleeping with my window open just now!!)


oh id love a coal fire really warm and cosy to sit infront of in the winter


I love my fire when its on and buckets are filled! its great when the fire is roaring up the lum and its blowing a scottish gale outside and the snow is falling!!! Only thing is it is £8 a bag and I burn about 5 bags a fortnight. £80 a month is a lot of money Sad Face

If I could keep my fire when the council put in the gas I would but im not allowed!


£80 Shocked for coal Shocked no wonder barely anyone has a real fire anymore sshame you cant keep and have gas heating tho

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

mumof2 said:

alex said:

mumof2 said:

alex said:
I have a coal fire that heats my house at the moment Sad Face Getting gas soon.

When it is very cold I have left my fire on. But when I get my gas it will go off about 10pm and come back on at 6.30. I dont like it too hot at night (im sleeping with my window open just now!!)


oh id love a coal fire really warm and cosy to sit infront of in the winter


I love my fire when its on and buckets are filled! its great when the fire is roaring up the lum and its blowing a scottish gale outside and the snow is falling!!! Only thing is it is £8 a bag and I burn about 5 bags a fortnight. £80 a month is a lot of money Sad Face

If I could keep my fire when the council put in the gas I would but im not allowed!


£80 Shocked for coal Shocked no wonder barely anyone has a real fire anymore sshame you cant keep and have gas heating tho


I know!! and I burn the cheap stuff!!!

EmmieEmmie
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
i use the gas heating but it cost so much im on a pre-payment meter so we are using a eletric fan to quickly warm up room.

We even wrap up baby in extra clothes at night to keep him warm Smile

ButtercupButtercup
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
my heating goes of at 10pm. i cant sleep if its too warm Tounge Out

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews